Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Driver Side Door lock

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by brabs_weather, October 1, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. brabs_weather

brabs_weather New Member

City, State:
      chesapeake va
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      97 mountaineer
      The driver side door lock will unlock but will not lock. The passenger and rear switch work fine. I have replaced the switch and is still will not work. Anyone have a similar problem.

brabs_weather

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Crankcase

Crankcase Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Vancouver B.C, Canada
      1992 XL Ex-Police
      It sounds like the door lock actuator is going bad, search for that on here.....:)

4. MSP

MSP New Member

City, State:
      Edmonton, Alberta
      1994 Explorer
      I had the simular problem on my '94. I turned out to be the plastic clip on the lock cylinder. The clip had broke off causing the lock rod to jam up. You need to pull off the door panel and have a look at the lock cylinder and vertical rod that attaches to it. If the white pastic clip is broke the rod will just be resting loosely inside.