Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Driver side sag.....

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by jsfordboy02, June 14, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jsfordboy02

jsfordboy02 Active Member

City, State:
      Iowa
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '97 Sport
      I have a '96 Explorer Sport, the rear driver side was sagging a little so I replaced the mono-leafs with 4 leaf packs of a 4-door. I made sure to put the driver side spring on that side. It is still saggin' back there about an 1.5". Any suggestions on what might be causing this?????? Thought about spring/shackle mounts, body mounts, ect......

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. rxdevil

rxdevil New Member

City, State:
      Edmonton, Alberta
      1996 XL
      I have a 96 4dr and it sags like a...... well....
      Leaf springs aren't going to be the only issue. The shocks will need replacing too. Once sag occurs, both portions of the suspension will be dmgd.
      Due to Fords "fantastic" engineering with the gas tank soley on the drivers side, you pretty much have to go brand new on shocks and leafs at once to correct any sag angle.
      I might be doing this replacement over he summer, but the very few companies who sell leafs love to rape people on price (looking min. $170CAD per spring)
      If you didn't already know this, well, I hope this helps ya!

4. jsfordboy02

jsfordboy02 Active Member

City, State:
      Iowa
      '97 Sport
      Already replaced the shocks, ProComp ES1000. I think Im just going to put in an add-a-leaf on the driver side. Wish I could find someone with a random single one that would sell it to me......