Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Driver Side Seat is not stable

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by waccamaw, July 11, 2008.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. waccamaw

waccamaw New Member

City, State:
      charlotte NC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1996 XLT
      I have a 1996 Ford Explorer. The driver side seat has apparently lost the bolt that hold the left from to the floor as it now leans back and to the right pretty drastically. I am concerned the rest will go while I'm driving. It is a power set setup.

Can anyone suggest a "quickfix"...i have a friend with a machine shop that might could weld it into place?

Thanks in advance!
      Waccamaw

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Djsynystr

Djsynystr New Member

City, State:
      Bethlehem
      1997 4 Door AWD
      is it the bolt snapped or is one of the arms under the seat snapped? mine snapped under the seat. i took it out and put a real weld on the joint and haven't had a problem since. i wouldn't weld it to the floor in case you ever need them out.

4. waccamaw

waccamaw New Member

City, State:
      charlotte NC
      1996 XLT
      Thanks for sugestion...

I had a Mechanical engineer friend look at it and it does not appear to be the bolt holding he main seat frame to the floor of the truck. Instead it is a small piece that hooks the fame to the seat itself. I am trying to find the part description but not having much luck..hate to have to call Ford dealership:usa:.

Thanks again!:p: