1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

drivers side door handle

Discussion in 'Elite Explorer 911!' started by Slappyhoohah, December 9, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Slappyhoohah

Slappyhoohah New Member

City, State:
      Epping NH
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      96 explorer
      Ok i just picked up my 06 explorer today, its not in great shape but its only a winter car so its not a big deal. One thing i really need to fix tho is that the only way to open the drivers side door is to open the window and use the handle on the outside cause the inside one doest work. Anybody have any idea how to fix that?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. XplorerOwnsYou

XplorerOwnsYou New Member

City, State:
      Fairfield, OH
      '93 Sport
      Might not wanna post in 911 next time about this....they get really irritated about that and get their panties in a twist :thumbsup:
      But sorry I can't really help you on this subject, but dam if explorers don't have horrible doors :fire:

4. Slappyhoohah

Slappyhoohah New Member

City, State:
      Epping NH
      96 explorer
      sorry.... im just a dumb noob haha
      i just wanna get this stuff fixed asap so it will pass inspection and i can drive it

5. Steddie Eddie

Steddie Eddie New Member

City, State:
      WV
      98 Eddie Bauer
      On the blach handle on the inside of the door, when you pull the handle, it is geared to another lever which pulls on the rod. The same thing happened to me (wife pulled too hard on the handle and stripped out the plastic gear)

Go to a junk yard and get another one, I believe you can use either a front or back handle.

6. BuffaloXplorer

BuffaloXplorer The X had to go!

City, State:
      Buffalo, New York
      2006 Impala SS
      I'm guessing you meant NINETY-6 x, and not OH-6. Buy a NEW drivers door pull from ford ($15), b/c it's only gonna happen again with a used part. Take the door panel off, unscrew the door pull and remove from rod assembly. Install new pull on rod. Screw back on and put it all back together.

Before all that - got to the nearest parts store and buy a Haynes manual. The best $15-20 you'll ever spend. Well, next best to the $30 to become elite here!!!