Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Dual Exhaust for V8 Adrenalin

Discussion in '2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac' started by NHJIM, June 10, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. NHJIM

NHJIM New Member

City, State:
    Moultonborough, NH
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2009 Adrenalin
    Looks like the spare tire and the rear lower bumper skirt prevent an easy dual exhaust install. Has anyone installed duals on a V8 Adrenalin? Are there aftermarket lower bumper kits to accommodate dual exhaust? I could probably do without the spare tire, although it'd be nice to hang on to. Suggestions?
    If dual isn't an easy solution, what is best sounding deep tone exhaust for the
    V8 Sport Trac?
    Thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Austin77

Austin77 Member

City, State:
    Angus,Ontario
    2007 ST Limited
    How about dual exhaust that exits on the front of the rear tires? I haven't done it, but I have been considering maybe doing it to mine (ST limited 4.6L)

Has anyone tried?

4. UKPONY

UKPONY Member

City, State:
    Medicine Hat, AB
    2008 Adrenalin
    My exhaust guy said it couldn't be done so I have an 18" Magnaflow muffler instead of the factory muffler & resonator - nice sound without droning on the highway.

5. swshawaii

swshawaii Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
    '05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
  6. swshawaii

swshawaii Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Kailua-Oahu, Hawaii
    '05 Sport Trac XLS (RWD)
  7. stylin99

stylin99 Active Member

City, State:
    Gastonia, NC
    '08 5.0 Coyote Adrenalin
    I did have a complete dual exhaust built for my truck. It is possible to sneak by the spare tire, but it's tight. You have to remove one of the plastic guards that goes around the spare. The only way to do it right is dual pipes all the way back, but that means ditching the factory Y pipe, and designing the entire exhaust system from scratch. Not really worth it on a stock 4.6 truck engine to be honest.

8. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    '08 Sport Trac
    Agree with Stylin. It is possible but difficult. The hardest part about true duals is the fuel tank. IMO the best way to have duals out the back is to get a single-in dual-out muffler and find an exhaust shop with patience. Realistically the engine isn't that big and you don't need true duals. I have a Gibson single cat-back on my V6 and it sounds real good, I can only imagine a V8 would be better.

We Support Our Troops!