Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread

fr0st m0nkey

Reaction score
City, State
Stockton, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
5N75H25Mf3Ed3L93Ifc4je3b11dd9d6c912e5.jpg

I'm making this thread to gauge interest for duner's lift kit. He isn't interested in fabricating them but if enough people are interested, it might become a possibility.

At a price of $1500, how many of you would be interested?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I could be peer pressured into $1500...

However, Duners signature says he's got an 8" suspension lift on his. Is this for the 6" lift or the 8" he has? I could definitely deuce a $1500 bill for 8".....

1500 for everything needed heck yea im in for sure!!!

Maybe when this lift for the 3rd gens gets big then you could expand your ground and go to lift the 4th gens. The 4th gens aren't too different from the 3rds. Just a thought.
I really hope this gets big. I would love to have one of these lifts down the road but that won't be possible for me anytime soon.

I really hope this gets big. I would love to have one of these lifts down the road but that won't be possible for me anytime soon.
X2 if they were only 1500 id have to start saving....

If this gets started towards the end of the summer, I would for 1500. Buying a house/moving 1000+ miles is putting a big dent in my wallet at this moment. End of summer, I would consider.

$1500 for all parts including control arms? I remember talk of $3500 what happened? If it were $1500 for everything you would definately have my attention...

$1500 for all parts including control arms? I remember talk of $3500 what happened? If it were $1500 for everything you would definately have my attention...

I'm working out the details with duner right now to have my friends shop/the shop I'm working at mass produce them to get the cost down.

I'm working out the details with duner right now to have my friends shop/the shop I'm working at mass produce them to get the cost down.

Not sure where you got the $1500 at Since you dont really know what all it takes to build one of these kits and what parts it includesl. I think you really need to know more about it before you throw a price out there. But we will see where this goes anyway.

My kit on my truck is a 6" brackets with a under spring spacers in front and rear to bring it up to 8" lift and 35s. I was counting tire difference into my lift total

So would the kit include new springs, struts, upper control arms? Or do we have to buy those separate. I understand that you are trying to make this as bolt on as possible and that we would be able to put it back to stock at any time that we needed.
Another reason I ask, I might be getting the BTF UCA and I don't want to spend 550$ and turn around and this kit offers one or makes it where I can use the stock one. Iv'e read through past posts (and other posts) that you have mentioned this before. I'll wait a couple more weeks and try to hold off on off-
roading before making the decision.

duner said:
Not sure where you got the $1500 at Since you dont really know what all it takes to build one of these kits and what parts it includesl. I think you really need to know more about it before you throw a price out there. But we will see where this goes anyway.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread. You don't seem to be very cooperative at all man.. I'd really rather do my business with someone else down the road.

Count me out on the kit.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread. You don't seem to be very cooperative at all man.. I'd really rather do my business with someone else down the road.

Count me out on the kit.

How is he being uncooperative?

It would appear that frost is throwing us all prices without even confirming with duner. Frost seems to be at fault here.

Agreed.....Duners kit, is well....Duners kit. I have followed a few of his threads and he deff. seems like a good guy. If someone else is trying to make arrangements to produce and sell it, they should probably discuss it in private first....

Count me out on the kit.

This is his kit that he designed... Remember a member RoadBully who got burned for trying to help.... Its a hard business and well its his business that he needs to control not someone else like the OP is trying to do...

Duner I want to buy the kit from you and only you and id pay anything to have one!

I've got nothing against the guy, I think this thing is awesome. I just don't see it happening. From what I've read he wants to get out from under it in one swoop and that means loads of $$$$; and it seems as though he's just pushing away anyone that wants to make this happen.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong. I hope I am, then I'll admit it and get in line with my checkbook. Until then I'm going to wait and watch from a distance, that's all.... :popcorn:

I just threw out a random price to gauge interest, wasn't trying to give people false hopes. I was intending to create a poll but I didn't see the option.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is his kit that he designed... Remember a member RoadBully who got burned for trying to help.... Its a hard business and well its his business that he needs to control not someone else like the OP is trying to do...

Duner I want to buy the kit from you and only you and id pay anything to have one!

He's not interested in producing these kits which is why he's selling the CAD files for $3000. Sorry for trying to see this kit actually make it to production. :rolleyes:

Back