Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Duner's 6" Lift Kit Group Buy Thread

Might be worth shooting him a PM (or quote him or something to make the forum send him an email) and see if he'd be willing to part with the CAD files at this point.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is really disheartening... I just bought an 02 Ex XLT 2wd and I want to lift it. I found this thread and was so excited. I read through the whole thing like you're supposed to do when searching forums, and found myself let down drastically. I wish something could be done so "Duner" would be interested in going through with this build. I've done quite a bit of research and have found only spacer lifts, and I am NOT interested in these cheap shabby lifts that will just ruin the ride of my vehicle.

Frost - Have you thought about throwing in a percentage, of each kit sold, to him? I mean after all he is the creator of this kit. It could be just enough motivation to sell the CAD files and get this thing going.

damn, seeing this one fizzle out was so saddening.. would have loved using this on my X... did the CAD files ever get sent out to any body? hell I could probably burn the file on my plasma cam at work

damn, seeing this one fizzle out was so saddening.. would have loved using this on my X... did the CAD files ever get sent out to any body? hell I could probably burn the file on my plasma cam at work

Nope. I tried to buy them off of him a while ago and then his private message inbox got full and he never came back to the forum. :(

Nope. I tried to buy them off of him a while ago and then his private message inbox got full and he never came back to the forum. :(

Damn :( thats a total bummer... and now I have 2 projects going at the same time... well, make it like 9000...

5N75H25Mf3Ed3L93Ifc4je3b11dd9d6c912e5.jpg

I'm making this thread to gauge interest for duner's lift kit. He isn't interested in fabricating them but if enough people are interested, it might become a possibility.

At a price of $1500, how many of you would be interested?
I would

Every time someone bumps these threads i have a glimmer of hope Duner has come back and is ready to make some money and sell these things. Then my hope is crushed when I see a newbie has bumped a 7 year old thread.

Every time someone bumps these threads i have a glimmer of hope Duner has come back and is ready to make some money and sell these things. Then my hope is crushed when I see a newbie has bumped a 7 year old thread.
Agreed. Such a shame there was no progress here, especially seeing that there was a successful prototype.

Or maybe not, and that’s why we are not seeing any progress. Some people are afraid to share their failures.

Well if he wants to make some money then he should be looking on these threads

So I have a semi update. I’ve found someone on Facebook that has supposedly bought and produced the CAD file. I have reached out to him with no response so far. Fingers crossed

So I have a semi update. I’ve found someone on Facebook that has supposedly bought and produced the CAD file. I have reached out to him with no response so far. Fingers crossed
It’s been a couple of weeks, still no replies?

It’s been a couple of weeks, still no replies?

any update?

I reached out to the person who claimed to have bought the files, including in an explorer group. He deleted the posts about having the files, blocked me on Facebook and left all the explorer groups. I simply asked about the file and if he would sell and that was the response I got. After doing some digging it appeared his truck was simply body lifted and spacers.

5N75H25Mf3Ed3L93Ifc4je3b11dd9d6c912e5.jpg

I'm making this thread to gauge interest for duner's lift kit. He isn't interested in fabricating them but if enough people are interested, it might become a possibility.

At a price of $1500, how many of you would be interested?
been looking for a way to lift and i would do it but its looking like everyone with a third gen is going to have to do what this man did and fab their own....but thats a lil high because you see full kits about 250 3 grand front and back.yes 4 too but think about it its an explorer third gen they wont make them even though theres a **** load explorers outthere....anyway id like to know how he did the first one time around but not bad enough to give five grand just for prints..im good

............After doing some digging it appeared his truck was simply body lifted and spacers.
Thats how I got 6” of lift..... 2” strut spacers, 3” body lift & 32” tires, all for just over $1200 including the tires and rims.

Here’s before and after:

014A9FCF-3D95-460B-A81F-9CB60E415B48.jpeg

Back