easiest way to break in to an ex..? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

easiest way to break in to an ex..?

surreyford

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XL
What is the easiest way to break into these trucks? I am looking into a security system...?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

An axe works well. ;)

surreyford said:
What is the easiest way to break into these trucks? I am looking into a security system...?

First would be to use a 'jimmie' or whatever they are calling them now to pull the lock open. Second is to use one of the bent, flat pipes that slide down under the window, then open inside the door to push down on the power lock button.

Aside from that, the truly easiest way is to break one of the windows. Hit one of the back ones, then you won't have to sit on broken glass while you're driving away.

bluevolume said:
First would be to use a 'jimmie' or whatever they are calling them now to pull the lock open. Second is to use one of the bent, flat pipes that slide down under the window, then open inside the door to push down on the power lock button.

Aside from that, the truly easiest way is to break one of the windows. Hit one of the back ones, then you won't have to sit on broken glass while you're driving away.
10 seconds with a slim jim, save your money, if a pro wants it, is history.
Also on the Gen 3s the power unlock button is disabled 30 secs after locking the door

I've got a Clifford Matrix RSX3.5. It's the top of the line Clifford system. I also have a backup battery, mini interior peizo siren, proximity sensor, hood pin, and Whelen strobes in all the exterior lamps. You want to draw as much attention to your vehicle as you can. Thieves want to draw as little attention as possible, when a big scene like this occurs they'll take what they can and run. Bolt your sub box down and hide valuable loose belongings. Buy a cable to attach the the back of your HU and wrap it around something behind the dash. This way the HU can only be pulled out maybe half way. These extra measures and a good alarm and you should be safe. I've got bright white LED's flashing when my alarm's armed so it's obvious I've got an alarm.

Don’t mean to highjack the thread just a quick question, a couple of months ago I left my lights on and it killed my battery, so I just had had the X jumped, what I didn't realize was that when I went to close the hood the door closed and locked behind, long story short someone I work with husband is a cop and couldn't jimmy the door, he thought that there was some sort of shield in the way, what do u guys think about that?

no offense... to your co-workers husband or cops in general...but i kno the cops around here can't pop locks for ****. 2 of my friends locked there keys in the car (stupid I kno) both times they called the police...Police come 45 mins later still locked ended up calling AAA once they get there 5 seconds locks are open. So maybe the cop was just trying to keep his ego up by saying there was a shield? Then again i could be totally wrong

[QUOTE='92Bauer]Don’t mean to highjack the thread just a quick question, a couple of months ago I left my lights on and it killed my battery, so I just had had the X jumped, what I didn't realize was that when I went to close the hood the door closed and locked behind, long story short someone I work with husband is a cop and couldn't jimmy the door, he thought that there was some sort of shield in the way, what do u guys think about that?[/QUOTE]

The guy may just not being using it correctly on the explorer. It does take some pratice using a jimmy, and if the guy doesn't use it all the time he may be hesitant to force it thus breaking something...

Exterior keypads are great

Exterior keypads are awesome: You said it spindlecone

Get a good alarm, problem solved. Whether they Jimmy, break glass, or whatever, a good alarm will go off and just that little red flashing light will deture 90% of theifs.
Now of course there is always the pro who cannot be stopped, but if they want it that bad they will get it.

Explorer's are cake to jimmy, at least the first and second Gen's are.

I hate my exterior keypad.

Is there any alarm system that disable the doors from being opened, much like the 3rd gens?

ChopinOn22s said:
I hate my exterior keypad.

Is there any alarm system that disable the doors from being opened, much like the 3rd gens?
I know there's a switch you can get that disables the battery. You just put that somewhere under the frame.

410Fortune said:
Get a good alarm, problem solved. Whether they Jimmy, break glass, or whatever, a good alarm will go off and just that little red flashing light will deture 90% of theifs.
Now of course there is always the pro who cannot be stopped, but if they want it that bad they will get it.

Explorer's are cake to jimmy, at least the first and second Gen's are.
And what do 99.9% of people do when they hear a car alarm going off?

Chopin
My kid just had a system put in her Eclipse, 150 bux installed enc two door solinoids, locks and unlocks with a remote

Replace all the glass with 6 inch thick bullet proof glass and weld the doors and rear hatch shut. Then make a secret hatch underneath that only you know the location of to gain access to the interior of your vehicle. This will keep theives from getting in,unless they use the jaws of life to tear open the vehicle.

spindlecone said:
And what do 99.9% of people do when they hear a car alarm going off?
That's why you need loud sirens and flashing lights.

well most people look towards where the noise is coming from....isnt that kinda the point of the alarm?
I mean I know what you are trying to get me to say, that most people ignore it right? Sure if it goes off alot, or if its parking in a busy lot or whatever, but I guarantee you 99% of theives will RUN not continue to try and grab your stereo.

Smash and grab is one thing, ignore the alarm all day long if all they want is you wallet you left out, your cell phone, or your radar detector, bt if you are looking for the head unit, amp, subs then at least in my truck your gonna have to deal with the blarring siren for more then 30 seconds because my **** is installed to be theft proof.

I always hear people with your point of view, just leave the doors unlocked right? If they want it they will take it and this way they wont break a window, well I have never had anything stolen from my vehicle as long as it had a good alarm, I have had 3 cars broken into that did not have an alarm, what does that tell you (or me I guess)?? It tells me the alarm WORKS.

PLus I am always within earshot of my truck at night, so others may ignore the alarm, I will be running out there with the gun ****ed.

spindlecone said:
Exterior keypads are great

now that you guys are talking about it, how do I get the code for my keyless entry?? I don't know it!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there is a number on the entry computer located in the side compartment, drivers side, behind the rear seat. Hard to see, you need a flashlight.
Take that to the dealer, they will give you the code. I have never been able to find it but this is what I have been told

Back