easiest way to break in to an ex..? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

easiest way to break in to an ex..?

TJM623 said:
no offense... to your co-workers husband or cops in general...but i kno the cops around here can't pop locks for ****. 2 of my friends locked there keys in the car (stupid I kno) both times they called the police...Police come 45 mins later still locked ended up calling AAA once they get there 5 seconds locks are open. So maybe the cop was just trying to keep his ego up by saying there was a shield? Then again i could be totally wrong

Maybe my brother should give some lessons then, last year when my GF locked her keys in her car, we borowered a jimmy off a friend, and my brother had it open in about two minutes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Leaving the doors unlocked is not MY point of view, never said it was, thats really stupid only second to people that leave the keys in the ignition while they run a quick errand.
I hear alarms going off all the time in parking lots, I pay zero attention to them and would never run over to ck it out.
If you hear your alarms going off and run out with you gun ****ed, just be carefull you don't run into a car thief with a gun, any material item can be replaced

I have never heard of this. So I went to the garage. I started my "X". Shut it off. Locked the doors with the remote. I waited 60 secs. I pressed the unlock button and guess what?? It unlocked.
spindlecone said:
Also on the Gen 3s the power unlock button is disabled 30 secs after locking the door

4.6Runner said:
I have never heard of this. So I went to the garage. I started my "X". Shut it off. Locked the doors with the remote. I waited 60 secs. I pressed the unlock button and guess what?? It unlocked.
If It did unlock, it's not working properly, try the same with the pass side door
also make sure your seat belt is unbuckled, if it is not it will not disable the button

taking a guess here...spindle u got a Sport Trac, 4.6Runner u got a normal X mayb it was made differently?

XLT, cannot imagine a high end EB would not have such a simple feature, did you try it without the seatbelt on

TJ
How do your locks work? just curious

whatta you mean when i press the button on my door, when i use my keypad, or when i use my keyless entry?

When your alarm is armed (via remote), you wait 60 seconds inside of your vehicle, then press the unlock button on the door. It shouldn't do anything. Our '02 Durango does the same thing.

Also on the Gen 3s the power unlock button is disabled 30 secs after locking the door
I can't imagine any car manufacturer doing this. If this is true, you could lock yourself inside the car, not to mention a safety issue.

TJM623 said:
whatta you mean when i press the button on my door, when i use my keypad, or when i use my keyless entry?
Open the driverside window, you being outside, using the remote, lock the doors, give it a minute, reach in and hit the unlock button,what happens?

lonestar said:
I can't imagine any car manufacturer doing this. If this is true, you could lock yourself inside the car, not to mention a safety issue.
I'm sure he meant using the remote. You wouldn't arm the alarm unless you were out of the vehicle. And the front doors open from the inside even if locked.

lonestar said:
Lonestar, thats the way it's supposed to work, to prevent somebody from using a tool of sorts to unlock the door.
As long as you can use your door handle, you cannot get locked in

410Fortune said:
there is a number on the entry computer located in the side compartment, drivers side, behind the rear seat. Hard to see, you need a flashlight.
Take that to the dealer, they will give you the code. I have never been able to find it but this is what I have been told

You guys should also check your owner's manual pouch as well. When I got my X, there was a card in that pouch with the keypad factory code on it and instructions to use it.

spindlecone said:
Open the driverside window, you being outside, using the remote, lock the doors, give it a minute, reach in and hit the unlock button,what happens?

It unlocks my doors i just tried this

You've got a second gen, might be why.

Than I guess the tracs are differant, to bad, is a great saftey feature

yea that would be nice for those summer days when u wanna keep the windows down

Back