EcoBoost geographically challenged? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EcoBoost geographically challenged?

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
Was possibly thinking of buying a new 2013 EcoBoost F150 but after hearing they could really leave you in a bad situation as in engine falling flat on it's face, as in passing, this ain't going to happen. That's unless you live in state north of the Mason Dixon line that has lower Due Points... Are you kidding me.
I thought that going to a 2013 Ford that they would have all their glitches worked out by now. No more spark plugs blowing out or some that won't come out at all. I've owned two Explorers that just had so many electrical glitches that I thought a new Ford would be more or less worry free.
Anybody else heard about the EcoBoost problem? But if you live in a more Northern state it may be fine. But I have friends and family from Arkansas to Texas which I'll be seeing in the future. Plus where I live the Dew points can get extremely high. Just can't believe I'm even mentioning such stuff effecting these engines.

Back