EE Airdam, yay or nay... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EE Airdam, yay or nay...

The one on that sport if off an 83 mustang.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I"m gonna cast my vote for either the PP airdam or getting a 99 bumper and matching spoiler like Das Frem has (looks really good in person!)

Someday when I have the $$ :)rolleyes:) I'd like to get the PP airdam....

I dont think the Xenon airdam looks all that bad. Have you thought about that one?

yeah, get the xenon one. my and 98x don't need anybody copping our style.

explorer342f.jpg

Don't really like the Xenon. :mad:

Yeah, I agree. I dont like the fender flares or what they did around the windows. Get rid of the headlight covers too.

i think the flares could be used in a positive way (they definitely detract here though) but those wheels, the headlight covers, and the air dam that gives the appearance of two bumpers stacked just could never work.

the xenon 'dam actually looks good, until you put it on the explorer. i like the look of it, i just dont like the way it fits at all. as drew said, it looks like 2 bumpers stacked together. but, there really isnt many choices either. we have EE, xenon, and the performance products one. as far as i know, thats it.

For those who have the EE dam, do you reuse the stock license plate surround when it gets relocated or do you have to do some fab work? I returned the first airdam they sent me and hope the next one is a lot better.

oh yea.....that explorer w/ the mustang looking bumper looks sweet....is that a mustang bumper?
i might need to try that!!

Dead Link Removed
Not sure I like this one.

What explorer with a mustang bumper?

Originally posted by 5.0Dad
For those who have the EE dam, do you reuse the stock license plate surround when it gets relocated or do you have to do some fab work? I returned the first airdam they sent me and hope the next one is a lot better.
I used the stock one but I cut it up a little and made some brackets to move it under the bumper.

Originally posted by 98FordX24
Dead Link Removed

Not sure about that one either. I'd have to see it on a truck before I'd buy it.

it actually looks really good on the X's ive seen with it on. I either am gonna get this one or custom fiberglass a front lip myself. Check out these pics i foudn of X's iwth this airdam.

www.cardomain.com/id/95xsport
www.cardomain.com/id/batm0n (the paint job isnt very good on it though IMO)

I used to want the EE Airdam for the 95-98 X until I realized that they're ment to fit the lights that are like 400 bucks or so. So instead I bought the 99-01 airdam and placed in on a new 99-01 bumper from bumpers.com. I liked the look of the new bumpers anyway, that and I liked the simplicity of the 99-01 airdam (not to mention it was cheaper).
Pic (which I really need to update)
Dead Link Removed
This is a little newer and you can see the mesh I placed behind the grill openings on the grill and bumper:
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 98FordX24
Dead Link Removed

who makes this one?

Back