Reaction score
City, State
Wittmann
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT
Callsign
KB7TKQ
Time to plan the Moab Trip.

I am unavailable the weekends of May 19-20 and 26-27.

Remember it can get hot even in early June.

Suggestions for dates, please.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmm, then I vote for either May 19-20 or 26-27.

:p:

You go a couple of weeks earlier and meet us at the end of the 2nd Annual Desert Expedition...:D

Wow, where are all the Moab irregulars???

May try to make this trip!!

Can't go this year as much as I want to. :(

Not that I'm a Moab Irregular.

I believe Kevin and family are going to Disney World.

JrGaylor and his friend John are planning on going. He should chime in soon.

Haven't heard from Paul in a month. Must be doing Special Ops for POTUS :salute:

I wish my 02 was 4x4 I would go but oh well. I still want a 2nd gen for wheeling

Tim

The moab run, where is the trail? Any requirements for the X? Whats it involve, and so on. I'm sorry for the questions. I live in chicago and I was looking to do a road trip this summer and this caught my attention.

Check this thread for info:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299990

There are definitely trails that you could take your '03 on, but most of us wouldn't be running those trails. :(

Moab is one of the most scenic areas in the world, no exaggeration. If you're interested in a road, trip, Moab is a great destination and we would be glad to meet you for dinner, and BS sessions.

I think I can make it this year depending on the weekend. I'm sure my "NBX" Explorer can handle some more moderate trails. I think I will have my 05 lifted ~2" and it has all the skid plates, plus AdvanceTrac.
Either way (even if I don't go wheeling) it'll be nice to go down to Moab for my first time and meet up with the Explorer Crew. :thumbsup:
FastTwitch; come on out to Moab! We can show-up Jeeps with our 3rd gens! :D

This thread is to chose dates. Char gave the dates she can't go, so when do you guys want to go??

Sorry about that Rick. (my last post)
I'm open to most any weekend for moab.
I'd prefer about any weekend in late May and the 1st or 2nd weekend in June. I just don't know how long finals will take.
Anytime in the last week of May/first week of June will make it an almost guaranteed yes for me.

No problem Nate. Just trying to get some dates thrown around so we can set this up... or give up;)

We are there! My kid wants us to take her to Moab for Graduation, she will be driving her own Explorer when we are out there. I will check with Maranda to see what dates she was checking out. She was already looking at booking a room. No new mods to mine so I would be in the "crazy" stocker group. I have more clearance now under the doors though. :p

Char my B-Day is the 18th, so you really should be able to get off that weekend its a pretty big deal.... :p

Thanks for the link rick. I want to get my explorer out on the trails. Only thing its seen in chicago is snow and pot holes. I haven't done any modification to it yet to tackle trails. Got a nice list I want to start knocking out in the next couple months.

Are you in the city or the 'burbs? I'm originally from Northbrook and my wife is from Arlington Heights.

Can't go this year as much as I want to. :(

Not that I'm a Moab Irregular.

I believe Kevin and family are going to Disney World.

JrGaylor and his friend John are planning on going. He should chime in soon.

Haven't heard from Paul in a month. Must be doing Special Ops for POTUS :salute:

We are out this year

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Around June 7th? That's our 10th anniversary and Ryan's all hyped up to do that.

Maranda

Back