EGR question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EGR question

lowone

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hello everyone,
I was hoping someone could help me with this. I have been having trouble with my egr valve on my 96 4.0 explorer. The EGR is completely rusted to the tube and the tube to the manifold. I have used some of the best penetrating fluids around (PB Blaster, BG Force etc...). I have used a torch to heat and expand the valve housing. I have wire brushed what is left of the threads even using dental picks to try and break the seal between parts. I was thinking of picking up a used tube, cutting about an inch past the EGR and putting it back together using a rubber hose. I figured since the tube has two regular vacuum line coming off that arent even clamped that this would be ok. I was planning on using a high temp hose. Has anyone here tried this or had a similar problem? Any assistance will be VERY appreciated. This has been in issue for a very long time. Thanks
Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have not been able to get the part apart yet. I am concerned about breaking the tube.

welcome

Back