• Register Today It's free!

electric superchargers

olemech

Reaction score
City, State
bradenton fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt 4dr 4x4
has anyone tried the new electric superchargers, that you can find on ebay and on the internet. thay sell them or you can make your own, after buying the plans.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've seen them and never heard/seen/read anything positive about them. Due to the explorer weight, It wouldn't be a good choice.

olemech said:
has anyone tried the new electric superchargers, that you can find on ebay and on the internet. thay sell them or you can make your own, after buying the plans.
Just wait, when Chopin becomes a dealer, those S/Cs will be the best of the best :D

You guys are QUITE harsh on CHoppin - i bet that if you got one of each of his mods you'd be pushin 4-450rwhp... ;)

BuffaloXplorer said:
You guys are QUITE harsh on CHoppin - i bet that if you got one of each of his mods you'd be pushin 4-450rwhp... ;)
I bought the friggen Resistor chips from him, promised 30 RWHP.
I could smell smoke,but it was not rubber ;)

i bought one as well - not sure who from .... god we're f'n suckers...

mine was $0.25 plus somethig like 6-7 S&H and arrived taped to the instructions. At least the seller was nice enough to send 2, just in case i wanted to bump up a friends HP too!

you got suckered on the resistor too! they're 20 cents for a pack of 50 at my electronics store. :)

I have solid gold resistors for the bling effect :cool:

What are these resistors you guys are talking about?

I bought one too, have'nt put it in yet. It makes the engine run richer, that's it.

It's a cheap "mod" that you plug into your intake air temperature sensor harness. It tricks the computer into thinking the air is colder (?) so that it runs richer and "more powerful." It's basically the same thing as the newer mods on eBay that are now a larger plastic casing that you plug into the IAT harness.

DON'T BE FOOLED!

Runnin' constantly rich will cause ill effects to the emissions system.

Those "superchargers" are based on nothing more than bilge fans for boats. What a joke. Don't be a sucker.

Back