Electrical Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tyranceh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi how's it going,

Im fairly new to posting on this forum, but I have recently ran into some serious issues with my 2001 ford explorer...Today while installing new speaker wire for my audio system I was pulling the drivers side front speaker out when the speaker discontinued playing any music...I really didn't pay it any mind since I was running new speaker wire anyway but little did I know this would be a terrible nightmare...As I was finishing my install I put the door panel, srews etc back on when I notice all my drivers door controls dont work:thumbdwn: ...I ended up taking the door panel back off to investigate the issue...Problem #1....The ground wire that is bolted to the top left side of the door panel is melted...Problem #2 There is no power going to the circuit board where the controls are..Problem #3 No fuses are blown...I need help fast so anyone who's expertise is electrical issues PLEASSE HELP!

tyrancehatchell@gmail.com

Fix the ground, you can't see power without a proper ground.

Thanks for the reply I ran tempory power an ground to the circuit board in the door panel an the door still isnt providing any ###tions...Theres no power coming the in door

Back