Electrical question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

chiffon81

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I accidentally left my windows down on my '97 ford explorer and now the windows won't go up and my power locks won't work when i hit the unlock button on my alarm key pad...but the switch that operates the side view windows on the same door panel still works..(i guess it didn't get wet). How long does it take to dry out or will it dry out??? What do i do????? Help!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey brooklyn...i don't know how to tear off the paneling!!! I know this will sound kinda dumb...but dude i'ma chick..lol i thought all i would have to do is let it dry out...any other ideas????

get a "better half" that knows how to repair vehicles... :).... or "buy a beer for a neighbor" to look at it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for awhile my windows acted a lil screwy. What would happen is all my windows wouldnt work and i found that opening the drivers door and closeing it again fixed the problem for a little bit but it would happen again later that day or the next. It has progressivly gotten worse. Today I took apart that junction box in the doorjam, didnt really do anything, and then i found that if i moved that wiring harness the right way it would make them work again until i let go of the harness, and now i cant get them to work no matter what i try to do, open and close the door, move the harness around and play with the j-box (junction box). please help!!!!

gangij why are make the same post in multiple treads, that's kinda of annoying

chiffon i would, or have someone pop off that panel and clean things up. But first i would start with the simplest thing, check the fuses

My bad. just need an answer this is annoying me

Back