Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Emmision control

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by risitodeplata, May 4, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. risitodeplata

risitodeplata New Member

City, State:
    Managua, Nicaragua
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 Eddie
    We have our 2002 eddie 6 cylander here in Managua Nicaragua. Thr gas prices and milleage are killing us. 11.5 to 12.3/ Gas prices about$2.80 a gallon. Usually use Texaco 87 octane. We had the smog test doen and we are many times under allowable. The tested stated that most imported vehicles from the U.S. can remove most of the emmision controls and still pass without a problem. That is newer vehicles. The smog testing here is really to catch the old vehicles that really pollute. Does anyone have any suggestions for us and where to start. We know taking off the catalytic converter is a start and we still pass easily. We did this on a 93 but the milleage on that vehicle is higher already.

Thanks

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Nor*Cal
    2001, F150, XLT 4x4
    welcome to the site, actually removing the smog equipment on newer vehicles that are not heavily modified purpose built race cars will not help mileage or economy.. the newer vehicles use their computers and compensate for situations, if you decide to remove your cat, the computer will throw a check engine light, and go into limp mode, basically running like crap to make up for itself missing part of what it needs to make it run properly..... you said you dotn care if it pollutes, well we only have one planet, but hey besides, newer computer controlled cars dont like being screwed with.... if mileage is a concern get a honda civic, seriously...... my sisters civic gets liek 30 mpg.....

4. risitodeplata

risitodeplata New Member

City, State:
    Managua, Nicaragua
    2002 Eddie
    11 to 12 miles a gallon. There has got to be something besides the acetone to try.
    No about the pollution. I never said I don't care if it pollutes. I am meeting local standards. If we look at it another way. Since California has the toughests standards then everyone in the nation should make their cars meet california standards which are much tougher than many states. But they don't. and I know many people that leave california will modify their cars to increase the milleage and still pass the local test if needed.
    But if anyone can suggest anything to help I would really appreciate it.

5. first explorer

first explorer New Member

City, State:
    toledo oh
    02 xlt 4x4
    thats about all i get from mine, maybe 21 mpg on hywy drivin 55 steady