1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

engine wiring question

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by edavillenut, December 8, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. edavillenut

edavillenut New Member

City, State:
      pepperell ma
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      99 Eddie Bauer
      is the main wire harness under the dash needed to run the 4.0L motor in a 1993 explorer. i sold the under dash harnes and dident think of that untill after it was sold. the reason i need to know is the fuel injected motor is going in my 68 mustang

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Diff Whack Daddy

Diff Whack Daddy And the Roll Over Posse! Under the Hood Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Mount Vernon, WA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1st Gen XLT 4dr
      Callsign:
      KG7VTT
      You will be able to use the two wiring harnesses from under the hood. There is one power harness and the computer harness. The under dash harness won't work in the stang as I am sure that all the dash wiring is different. What you need to do is incorporate the dash harness from the stang into the explorer power harness(under hood). You will have about 8 wires to splice which will be your relay power, starter solenoid, and various gauges.