Erm...Hi...sorta new...only not... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Erm...Hi...sorta new...only not...

BislamJoe

Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer 4x4 XLT
I'm back. I think. I know you all hoped you were rid of me.

BUT YOU'RE NOT! MUAHAHAHAHAH!

....straight-sixes are cool

I promise, I'm not insane. Really. Hey, where are you going?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well Supra straight sixes are cool, Nissan makes a sweet straight six, so does Mercedes, and Ford makes a really good one, but I;m guessing you are refering to a Jeep straight six? YUK!

no just kidding, cant beat the torque of an inline......

Where have you been and what brings you back?

Dear god, me referring to a Jeep straight-six? Blasphemy.

The Ford 300ci inline six-cylinder engine is the engine god put in the center of the earth. *nods sagely*

I've been in a cardboard box being shipped around the world gathering frequent flier miles.

Actually, I just kinda stopped checking the board for a few months, and only just came back by today, heh.

SHHHHH!H!!

...don't tell anybody about that.

Yeah, I'm still going to try, though my truck is likely to end up being the frame and drivetrain of an F-series with a decidedly screwy body.

Rather than call it a swap or conversion, I've invented my own word.

"dahell"

From the English phrase "What the hell?", often corrupted as "What da hell?" and from there further truncated to "dahell".

What up man, is it time to bring back the "Long Travel Thread" that was like 80 pages long, Ohhhhh when was the last time you heard what I was doing? My tranny blew 2 weekends ago so I pulled it and it's in the shop getting a full race duty rebuild!!! Ohhh yeah, read my profile, how much of that did we talk about???? It's a reality now!! Want proof??? http://photos.yahoo.com/sirhk100

Make sure on the bottom to click view all the 4 good ones are on the 2nd page. Not coilover but you would shiat yourself if you rode in it!!! Ohh and it's not done. I'm ordering hydraulic bumpstops for the rear in about 2 weeks and remounting my rear shocks so they work a little better.

Khris

Damn, I gotta catch up, heh.

Anyway, if your transmission blew, you need to swap out to a Lentech AOD-E. -nods sagely-

And since the 4.0L won't bolt up to an AOD (unless someone's puked out an adapter while I've been asleep), you'll need to swap to a Ford 4.9L I-6 with twin turbochargers.

I'm looking more and more at building something more or less from the ground up, rather than replacing every part of my Explorer.

Back