Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

evap core

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Lil Joe, June 2, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Tags:
  1. Lil Joe

Lil Joe Elite Explorer

City, State:
    southwest Pa
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2000 explorer
    2000 Explorer 5.0 V-8 I need to replace evap core. I will have right fender off for repairs Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. crunchie_frog

crunchie_frog Active Member

City, State:
    Johnson City, TN
    Multiple 99-00 5.0 AWD
    I would get a new accumulator dryer, O-rings, and orifice and you will have to evacuate the refrigerant so you will need vacuum pump and A/C hoses for recharge. The evaporator is not so bad as I remember, you have to remove the accumulator, move the washer fluid and coolant reservoirs out of the way, then get to all of the bolts/nuts holding the blower housing and evaporator housing to the firewall. Once you get it out, you have to remove some insulation and a dozen or so screws to get to the evaporator. Save all of the little parts that secure the insulation and hold evaporator housing together. There probably are some youtube videos if you search. Good luck.

4. SoHK_alumni

SoHK_alumni Active Member

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    5.0 V8 2002 Ranger
    Yep, evap core not that difficult. 3 fasteners under hood and very bottom one in passenger's floor board area and the whole housing comes free.

Move cruise control module, windshield washer and coolant reservoir.

As noted, you'll want to replace a/c accumulator. Best to wait until just about ready to vacuum the system to install. Keep moisture away from the drier pack in accumulator.