Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

even out my 92?

Discussion in 'Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits' started by 92troy92, October 7, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 92troy92

92troy92 New Member

City, State:
      Phoenix, AZ
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '92 XLT
      I was wondering if anyone knew what I need to even out the front and rear heights on my 92 two wheel drive XLT? I hate that the back is higher than the rear. Also, after evening it out would this cause any problems if I want to lift it anymore later on? I really hope that somebody can help, because I'm really in the dark on this whole thing. thanks for any help guys (and girls).

-Troy

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 88vert

88vert Explorer Addict

City, State:
      clinton,iowa
      94 unlimited
      How many miles do you have on her?Could the springs be sagging in the front?Or the shocks are shot in the front:(

4. 92troy92

92troy92 New Member

City, State:
      Phoenix, AZ
      '92 XLT
      They are still really tight, and seem good. Is there a chance that the tow package raises the rear end more than and ex without the tow package?

5. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      2001, F150, XLT 4x4
      ummm.... the back is the rear...... anyway.... the tow package equipped explorers normally have more heavy duty springs than non tow equipped vehicles... and, it is a truck.. most trucks tend to sit higher in the rear than in the front.... you could have the springs dearched a little bit by a customs shop...

6. 92troy92

92troy92 New Member

City, State:
      Phoenix, AZ
      '92 XLT
      Yeah...sorry about that mistake. I don't really want to lower the rear, I would rather raise the front to match the rear. Would replacing my front springs with the 4x4 springs make a difference? Are there spacers that I might be able to use? I'm not really sure about what to do now. Thanks for the help so far though.

-troy