Ever drop a hand grinder on your finger? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ever drop a hand grinder on your finger?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Been there done that..;)

..But I think 90ranajo's grinder cut (last year or the year before), has got yours beat though..:scratch:

Nice Cut , Ive done something similar with a grinder , Bad spot it happened on your knuckle there

I had a grinder wheel explode in my hand last year, I thought for sure I was missing fingers.:( Luckily just a lot of nasty cuts.

Ya, thank the good Lord it wasn't worse. The final damage report was three stitches for a semi severed tendon, and three stitches to close the wound. I also grinder part of the bone. I will not be able to bend my figure for 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Glad your finger is still attached. Were you wearing the ring while grinding? If so I'd suggest removing it first...

Ouch, that is a bad spot. I've been lucky enough not to need any stiches so far, plus i'm pretty good with butterfly band-aids.

Not just for grinding either. I have seen the results of having a ring get between 12v and ground. Fireworks and a nice burn. Then the fun of taking the ring off the burned finger:eek:

My wedding band comes off anytime I work on the cars.

I always remove my rings. I saw my father-in-law catch a piece of welding slag on his wedding band before. Before he could get it off his finger swole up to were we had to use cold water to creep it off.

Believe me, I am ecstatic that y finger is still on my hand. So is my wife.

Not just for grinding either. I have seen the results of having a ring get between 12v and ground. Fireworks and a nice burn. Then the fun of taking the ring off the burned finger:eek:

Hmmm yeah, I've felt that before, only it was a gold bracelet...

ouch

I had one get stuck and flip and my hand slipped of just a few little cuts nothing major but it sure is a rush lol

I had one get stuck and flip and my hand slipped of just a few little cuts nothing major but it sure is a rush lol

Your lucky. I still cannot bend my finger all the way in due to the ligament damage I had.

Not to bad. All that is really noticeable is a larger knuckle. Chalk it up to one of my many stories. I told my wife that my New Years resolution is no stitches this year.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea they suck.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.

Back