Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Everyone in MD, Lookout...

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by rhyno, October 3, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. rhyno

rhyno Active Member

City, State:
      Potomac, MD
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1997 EB
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BBQMAN

BBQMAN Active Member

City, State:
      Maryland
      '15 Sport
      Yeah that' crazy!! I heard about it on the local rock staion(98 ROCK). HOpe that catch those F'ers!!

4. donkey boy

donkey boy Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Rome, GA
      '01 WJ
      Stuff like this makes me so mad :mad:

5. Stephen

Stephen Moderator In Memoriam Elite In Memoriam

City, State:
      Annapolis, MD
      '97 Limited
      I live in Potomac, which is about 4 miles or so from the shooting in Rockville at White Flint mall. I've frequented almost every one of those shopping centers, in fact I was at White Flint mall just yesterday. I have a customer over off of Conneticut Ave and I gas up at the Shell station where the woman with the Minivan was shot. We've lived in Montgomery County for going on 22 years now, and let me tell you, this is a real shocker here. Potomac where I live has almost zero crime, and one of the highest per capita income levels in the country. The entire area, Bethesda, Rockville, Kensington, Aspen Hill and Wheaton are all exteremely safe, as Rhyno knows since he lives in Bethesda. This kind of thing is totally unheard of here. Its like our police cheif said, our homicide rate just went up 25% in one day. Thats 25% of all homicides for the year in one day.

One things for sure, the area will never be the same. I just home the catch the a-holes.

6. mmpc

mmpc Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Littleton, CO
      '05 Escape: No Boundaries
      Terrorism or just some psycho? The hits were said to be very accurate and from some distance, like what you'd see from a trained sniper...

7. Stephen

City, State:
      Annapolis, MD
      '97 Limited
      I personally don't think its terrorism, probably just some psycho, could be ex millitary or CIA, we have a lot of active and retired high brass government people that live around here. One of my neighbors Works for the Department of Transportation as an Anti Terrorism Expert.

8. SteveVB

SteveVB Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Gaithersburg, Maryland
      04 Rubicon w/stuff
      scary

Stephen everyone around here is scared- your right nothing like this has happened before, and it is still scary since the person/persons responsible is still walking around.

Most of the time when we have a shooting -the shooter is in the area- like the HS shootings of a few years ago, the many postal employees, and although it's sad, the person responsible was in the area of the shootings, and didnt seem to care whether they would be caught or not- some even want to be caught. This is much, much different - could be like the uni-bomber where he dissapears for a period of time and shows up somewhere else.
      Distance shots 6 - kills 5 that is damn good- no gang land stick your arm out the window and spray. Calculated, accurate shots - definately someone who knows what they are doing, maybe killed before and seem to be good at it. An excellent hunter, Special Forces, CIA, SWAT who knows - not much evidence it seems- distance from the target eliminates some of the intel like parking lot cameras and atm cams etc. No one has seen the shooter and the police are chasing down ghosts (IMO) looking for the 2 men in a white van. Have to see what develops - I saw a report that a shooting in Lorton (VA) was similar to the MD cases which, if true, means hes moving around.

Yea living in Washington area you meet all kinds of spooks NSA,CIA, etc. plus it seems like everyone and their neighbor has a security clearance of some sort. I cant even count the number of times Ive been interviewed about some neighbor, tenant etc about whether they have marriage problems, live outside their means, any recent signs of wealth etc.

Well hope they catch this guy soon let everyone relax a bit.

9. 88vert

88vert Explorer Addict

City, State:
      clinton,iowa
      94 unlimited
      It takes some sad pieces of shit to do something like this I hope they hang them by there balls:(

10. Stephen

City, State:
      Annapolis, MD
      '97 Limited
      Steve,

Oh yeah I get interviewed all the time for neighbor's security checks.

The VA shooting was actually in Fredricksburg, and there was another one somewhere in DC. They think both are related, which brings the shootings to 8. The woman in VA is still alive.

So far people around here have been taking it fairly well. We just got back from the Taste of Bethesda (all the Bethesda restaurants have vendors out on the streets, its a huge deal in Bethesda every year, much like the Taste of D.C. which is next weekend) and it was just as busy as it always has been, fairly strong police presence, helicopters watching over it etc, but everyone seemed pretty cool.

I'll tell you one thing, this has got to be the greatest publicity for Doug Duncan (county Executive), he has Governaturial and Presidential aspirations. I think he and the Montgomery County police chief have handled the situation extremely well considering they've never dealt with anything like it before.

11. X24

X24 RAMajama

City, State:
      Pleasant Valley, NY
      05 RAM 2500 TURBO DIESEL
    12. Stephen

City, State:
      Annapolis, MD
      '97 Limited
      I heard, Manassas VA.

Whats everyone think about the Tarot card? This guys a real whacko. We've never had anything like this around here before, I'll say it again...

13. X24

X24 RAMajama

City, State:
      Pleasant Valley, NY
      05 RAM 2500 TURBO DIESEL
      I just hope they catch whoever is doing this and that there are no copycats in other areas.

14. Adam Foote

Adam Foote Active Member

City, State:
      Katy, Texas
      92 XLT
      again....

15. Jarrett088

Jarrett088 Active Member

City, State:
      Glen Burnie,Md
      94 XLT 4x4
      Yep....this guy/guys definitely off his rocker. Nobody is safe and there is no method to his madness. Men, woman and now kids!:eek: I have tickets to the 'Skins game this weekend and am worried about being picked off while I'm tailgating. Somebody's gotta know something. I think the reward is up to $250,000. I'm waiting to hear about this new shooting in VA. I hope a copycat doesn't start from all this. What the hell could posess someone to do this? I hope they catch them soon.
      Tim

16. Stephen

City, State:
      Annapolis, MD
      '97 Limited
      Its well over 300k now.

As for the Skins game, I really wouldn't worry. He'd be unlikely to hit there because of the density of people. Doesn't fit the M/O.

The concept is, what are we supposed to do stop living our lives? I reccomended to my wife today that she use full serve when she gets gas. Should we really be afraid to get out and pump our own gas? Tough stuff here.

17. SteveVB

SteveVB Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Gaithersburg, Maryland
      04 Rubicon w/stuff
      Crazy Crazy

Yep I dont think I would worry at the skins game.
      The VA killing is looking more and more like his work, the ATF needs to match the bullet. VA has the death penalty, while MD has suspended theirs as I understand it- the DA in Prince William County said if they are connected he will seek it. The victim-Mr Meyer was from Gaithersburg.

My speculation is that the killer heads out 270 somewhere between Germantown and Frederick -seems like he has worked all of the other spokes 95s ,66, around DC and is working clockwise. If he has any connection to Michaels there is one in Germantown in a big box center that is surrounded by trees and just off of 270 with many means of escape - I was there today at the Home Depot looking around and thought that it would be ideal for what hes doing. I do look around when I fill up my vehicles- I take my wifes for her. Crazy, maybe, but its the situation.

Everyone is scared- my daughter is worried about him shooting through the window, my son wont go outside to play without me. The schools have removed the Safety patrols to keep them inside, parents are volunteering to take the patrols places. I see parents taking their kids in to school using themselves as shields. My neighbor is taking a vacation a week earlier than planned to get away from the crazy atmosphere. It is crazy- hopefully he makes a mistake soon, or the police track him/them down.

Stay Safe

18. tbomb

tbomb Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Levittown, NY (Long Island)
      98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
      the guy who was shot last night in manassas worked for my company. i work for our office in rutherford, nj and i he worked for our office in, i believe, fairfax, va. i just got an email to my company email address. i never knew or met the guy, but it just brings this whole sniper thing to a whole different level of strangeness.

19. Stephen

City, State:
      Annapolis, MD
      '97 Limited
      My God, that really does bring it close to home doesn't it? Scary.

20. Skugga

Skugga Active Member

City, State:
      Boyertown, PA
      1991 XL
      I just found out the man killed Wednesday night, Dean Meyers, graduated from my high school. He was over 30 years older than me but I'm sure some of the people I worked with knew him from school. It looks like another person was shot this morning pumping gas in Massaponax, VA. What I read about it said there was a state trooper across the street at an accident when this happened. I hope they catch whoever is doing this.

21. Robb

Robb Explorer Addict

There might have been another one today in Fredericksburg, VA. A man was shot and killed at about 9:30 this morning at a gas station on rte 1. There was a state trooper working an accident only 50 yards away when it happened. There were reports of a white astrovan with ladder rack bumping cars to get away. No link has be confirmed to the sniper yet.

Robb

22. VBVA

VBVA Go Dukes!

City, State:
      Northern Virginia
      '93 XL
      Robb, you better watch out....Fredericksburg is halfway to Richmond from DC. J/K. If he/she doesn't hesitate to drive the hour from DC to Fredericksburg, what is keeping him from going to Richmond, Front Royal, or even Philly?

23. Robb

Robb Explorer Addict

Actually Brian, this latest shot (if confirmed) proves a theory of mine. The killer is a commuter from Fredericksburg to DC. This is a very common commute, Fredericksburg is only about 35-45 minutes from DC, and many ppl make that commute everyday. With most of the shots being right around DC (except the Manasas one) and the 2 (if this one confirmed) in the Fredericksburg area, I think the commuter idea may work.

Just my idea,

Robb

24. Stephen

City, State:
      Annapolis, MD
      '97 Limited
      I agree with you Robb, I think he definately works in our area, he doesn't live here. Thats also why there haven't been any shootings on the weekends or during the day. He kills on his way to work and on his way home, during the day he's working and on the weekend he probablt coaches little league or something, as scary as that might be.

Its possible also that he's some sort of painter etc, that would explain the box truck and the Astro van.

25. Stephen

City, State:
      Annapolis, MD
      '97 Limited
      Another shooting tonight in Falls Church, VA. I almost had dinner in that area tonight but we decided to head up 270 to Gaithersburg instead. Glad I did or we'd be sitting on the beltway, all the roads are closed. Shot some woman in an underground parking garage for a Home Depot.

26. BBQMAN

BBQMAN Active Member

City, State:
      Maryland
      '15 Sport
      Well, at least it sounds like they got a good description of his van this time....not like uhh yeah a white van.