Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Exhaust Manifold

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Mrlee75, December 12, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Mrlee75

Mrlee75 New Member

City, State:
    Arcadia, CA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    98 5.0L AWD Eddie Bauer
    Would an exhaust manifold made for 2000 Ford Explorer V8 fit on my 1997 Ford Explorer v8?

Not looking to spend the $$$ for headers. And like a lot of those out there, I'm trying to track down that ticking sound when the engine is under load.
    I have a cracked EGR tube, but it also seems like i have a cracked manifold.

Seems like the main difference is the price.

'97 manifold: $117.79
    2000-2001 manifold: $52.69
    Only compared rockauto.com prices.

If the 2000-2001 manifolds fit, I'm definitely going that route. It's like half the price!!!

Last edited: December 12, 2010
  2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. AMMO_HOOAH

AMMO_HOOAH Active Member

City, State:
    Spokane, Wa
    1996 Ex V8, AWD XLT
    Looking at some pics of them I'd say a huge MAYBE, there definitely not the same, but nothing stands out that would cause interference. Why not just buy my truck (no tick) lol.

EDIT:
    They have the same gasket, so at least you know they have the same bolt pattern at the heads.

4. Lanky

Lanky Active Member

City, State:
    Paducah, Ky
    2000 xlt awd
    My "ticking" used to quiet down after the engine warmed up but not so much anymore. Gasket looks to be gone from third cylinder back on passenger side. Not looking forward to breaking bolts off in the head but I don't know how much longer I can take the tick!