Exhaust Options for the Sport | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust Options for the Sport

What do you guys think about Bourla exaust system? I saw a video on you tube, it did not sound much more louder but the guy said that there is no drone on highway speeds. Since the truck already feels fast enough for me on regular street driving, I am looking at exhaust options and a CAI. I cant even really hear that engine when I rev up. I just want the engine and the exhaust so that I can hear in what ecoboost 3.5 is really all about.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look up the videos posted by Jon Noriega on YouTube. He has a Borla system on his Ex. It should give you a real good idea about what you can expect.

@jonnoriega has posted those videos along with some review info on this site, too. A search for "Borla" should point you in the right direction.

What do you guys think about Bourla exaust system? I saw a video on you tube, it did not sound much more louder but the guy said that there is no drone on highway speeds. Since the truck already feels fast enough for me on regular street driving, I am looking at exhaust options and a CAI. I cant even really hear that engine when I rev up. I just want the engine and the exhaust so that I can hear in what ecoboost 3.5 is really all about.

Thanks @Eric F

Here's a video of my Borla a week after I installed it. I also shot a video outside of the cabin as well. I'll shoot again after a few more months. I hope it helps.

Can someone help with information on how to just add a MUFFLER (Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc) to the new 2018? Those dual tips on the back may be an issue.
Can someone help please.

I am tuned and very happy, just want to increase the sound on my 2018 Sport.
Thanks,
LCL

Can someone help with information on how to just add a MUFFLER (Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc) to the new 2018? Those dual tips on the back may be an issue.
Can someone help please.

I am tuned and very happy, just want to increase the sound on my 2018 Sport.
Thanks,
LCL

I think you have to wait until one of Borla, Magnaflow, FlowM comes out with a muffler for Ford 18 as it has dual tips.

Just added magnaflow mufflers only to my wifes 2016 explorer sport. Sorry don't have the part number. Used a specialty exhaust shop in Lake City, FL. Explained this was the wifes car and drone or overly loud was a no no...they came back with a 3 step plan, mufflers, then x pipe then cat deletes. We started with just magnaflows.

Overall the sound is better but underwhelming. Startup sounds better and driving with windows down from 1-2.5K RPM is improved. You can hear the turbos better. But it stops there, windows up and its almost unnoticeable. Interstate, or cruising, totally stock sounding. Imagine the difference from a N/A to 3.5EB and that is basically the difference. Still considering doing more but ultimately its the wife's ride.

Just wanted to add this data point.

Just added magnaflow mufflers only to my wifes 2016 explorer sport. Sorry don't have the part number. Used a specialty exhaust shop in Lake City, FL. Explained this was the wifes car and drone or overly loud was a no no...they came back with a 3 step plan, mufflers, then x pipe then cat deletes. We started with just magnaflows.

Overall the sound is better but underwhelming. Startup sounds better and driving with windows down from 1-2.5K RPM is improved. You can hear the turbos better. But it stops there, windows up and its almost unnoticeable. Interstate, or cruising, totally stock sounding. Imagine the difference from a N/A to 3.5EB and that is basically the difference. Still considering doing more but ultimately its the wife's ride.

Just wanted to add this data point.

Video? Photos?

Back