Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

experienced eyes needed

Discussion in 'Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits' started by nkexplrr, October 7, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. nkexplrr

nkexplrr Active Member

City, State:
      Home:New Kent,Va School:Harrisonburg, VA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '97 F-150 4x4
      Here are some pics of the coil spacers inatalled on my '91 explorer sport. Does everything seem right?. On the passebgers side the threads on the bolt wouldn't even go all the way through the nut holding the spring on? The coil spring is also bowed or something, its difficult to explain thats why i took pics. I just don't think everything is in place right and wanted some more opinions.

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/248000-248999/248414_7_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/248000-248999/248414_8_full.jpg

BTW in the second pic the nut is tightened down as much as possible.

Last edited: October 7, 2002
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. CoryL

CoryL Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Louisville, KY
      94 Eddie Bauer
      Second link doesn't work.

However, if you aren't getting the nut to seat fully on that bolt holding the coil down, I'd either try harder to get it to engage more or I'd take them off. Just doesn't seem safe to me.

As for the bowing, it's not an issue. Many lifted TTB vehicles's coils do that.

4. nkexplrr

nkexplrr Active Member

City, State:
      Home:New Kent,Va School:Harrisonburg, VA
      '97 F-150 4x4
      Ok, i fixed the second link, I think?

The thing is the threads are only a 1/4 inch or so from clearing the nut. But on the other side the the bolt cleared the nut by 2-3 threads. I don't think its going anywhere and have checked it 4 times after driving like 45 min. each time. Has anyone noticed that the hole in the spacers is not exactly in the middle, and has different angles around the top of the spacer. I've concluded that this is to remedy the cockided(sp?) or crooked coil spring by rotating te spacer. Well this has taken a backseat for the moment because my starter blew up and stranded me at a wendy's for 3 hours, but we replaced it in the wendy's parking lot only to find out that the positive lead to my battery had been fried also. So we pull started it in the wendy's drive thru line, lol, and i drove it 45 min. back home where we could work on it with light and eliminate the chance of getting shot at (really bad part of Newport News).