1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods' started by deewan, March 10, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. wharriso

wharriso Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    16 Explorer Limited
    Yes, setup should be easy. It is a dual subwoofer so 2 wires for each channel, as long as you don't get the wires mixed up.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. MM07

MM07 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    MA
    2018 Explorer Limited
    Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes.

4. El_Chapo

El_Chapo New Member

City, State:
    Carencro, Louisiana
    2019 Explorer XLT
    Anyone own a non sony system and has done a successful install?

i am using the lcq-1 and running off main leads from behind the head unit left and right front, left and right rear but something just isnt right.

are these signals all crossed over somewhere? or can i use front or rears to get a full range signal?
    have been searching for weeks and can not find any info on this. as in if there is a full range signal i can use for input signal...

5. DMG632

DMG632 Active Member

City, State:
    Seattle, WA
    2016 Explorer Sport
    You can get "full range" output from the front speakers & easiest.

You might explain what isn't right with your install. I have used the Audio Control LCQ-1 on other car installs and have had problems with a high floor noise, even with the gains turned way down.

6. El_Chapo

El_Chapo New Member

City, State:
    Carencro, Louisiana
    2019 Explorer XLT
    As of now i have the front right and left /rear right and left leads from right behind the radio into the respected inputs on the lcq-1. I am getting hiss from the tweeters however im getting distortion/clipping in the rear. The jumpers are set to sum the front sig to the rear.

Havent even got to put my sub in due to constant issues with the lcq

7. DMG632

DMG632 Active Member

City, State:
    Seattle, WA
    2016 Explorer Sport
    El_Chapo; the first thing to check is your ground, with a poor ground you can get a lot of hiss. You might also look at the output levels of the LCQ-1 if these are set to high it can cause the problems you are experiencing. When you are setting the equalizer pots I like to "cut" the frequencies not increase them. What amps are you using, these might be causing the hiss and distortion.

I know many people use these and are happy with them, but I know for me I could never get rid of the hiss introduced to the system from the LCQ-1. The things you are experiencing is what caused me to go with the Audison Bit Ten and never look back.

8. El_Chapo

El_Chapo New Member

City, State:
    Carencro, Louisiana
    2019 Explorer XLT
    Can anyone tell me if the base model sound system in a 2019 XLT 201a with sync 3 8" screen nav ect. Has crossed over singals or are all 7 speakers full range?

9. DMG632

DMG632 Active Member

City, State:
    Seattle, WA
    2016 Explorer Sport
    The easiest way to find out is look on your "door card", if you have a separate tweeter (up by the sail panel) you will have your answer.

10. El_Chapo

El_Chapo New Member

City, State:
    Carencro, Louisiana
    2019 Explorer XLT
    I do have a tweeter in the door itself.

11. El_Chapo

El_Chapo New Member

City, State:
    Carencro, Louisiana
    2019 Explorer XLT
    im looking in the owners manual at the interior fuse box slot 28 & 30 are sony 10 channel amplifier and sony 14 channel amplifier i have fuses in both from the factory.

what and where would this be going to?

12. Tux47

Tux47 New Member

City, State:
    Pittsburg, PA
    2014 Sport Tux Black
    Hello everyone, I'm looking to upgrade my Sony system in my 2014 Explorer Sport.

I got a quote for parts for the install just wanted to get everyone's input about it to see if I need to add any other equipment to max out the audio ability. I'm also looking to add a 10"sub in the factory sub box in the future so keep that in mind.

PAC Amp Pro Amplifier Interface with factory adapters for speakers outputs off the factory amp plugs, post side.

Front Speakers- Infinity Reference REF-9630CX 6" x 9" Component System

Rear Speakers-Infinity Reference REF-6532EX 6-1/2" 2-way Speakers

Door Speaker Amp- JBL Stage A6004 60W x 4 Car Amplifier

Dynomate each door is also in the cards

I'm looking to get maximum ability out of these speakers so I'm hoping this amp will service. Thought about doing a 5 channel so I can add the sub later without having to install another amp but wasnt sure how well that would work out. My main hope is to eliminate all the factory amp roll off with this pac system. The infinity components have their own adjustments for fine tuning which will help the fine tuning process. So my biggest question, do I really need any other audio equipment to get better bass quality out of the door speakers and to eliminate treble distortion at full volume. I just want to do this all right the first time.

13. markdh

markdh Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ankeny, IA
    '16 Explorer Sport
    Does anyone know how big the factory sub box is? I have a kicker solobaric that I used in my 2003 Lincoln Aviator. Kicker Solo Classic 09S8C4 8" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield
    I was bored this week and finally installed it in my 2016 explorer sport, I had to make a 3/4" spacer to make it fit the factory box. The sound is better but not as loud as I would l like. I tried using an Alpine amp I also had left over from before. Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack Compact 4-channel car amplifier — 45 watts RMS X 4 at Crutchfield When I hooked up the amp the speaker kept sounding like it was bottoming out. The speaker is supposed to be in a .33 cubic foot box. I am guessing the box is too big?