• Register Today It's free!

explorer emblems

Gary_O

Reaction score
City, State
Fords n.j.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 xlt
i want to take off my explorer emblems does anyone know if they are just glued or have the pins in them ????? dont want to take them off and find out i will have holes in the door...... :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The one on the tailgate? I've got a '97, and there are at least two holes behind it. They took it off to paint the tailgate, and didn't replace the glue, so I have to replace it when it fell off. Didn't like it without 'cause of the holes. Can't say what the '04 has, but I'd suspect holes, otherwise half of the Explorers out there would have crooked emblems. ;)

Gary_O said:
i want to take off my explorer emblems does anyone know if they are just glued or have the pins in them ????? dont want to take them off and find out i will have holes in the door...... :exp:

OLder ones had bolts, my '99 was on with adhesive tape; not sure about yours, but would bet its on with tape.

Good luck .......

they've gotta be held on with only adheasive. Other wise there would have to be 8 holes for each letter, since they are individual.

I would think just adhesive.

I de-badged my '05 EB and i just used dental floss. Its a bit of work but it came out fine. I had to do a little nail scrubbing to get big peices of adhesive out, then a bit of claying, cleaner wax, then done.

Get Goo-Gone and Fishing line, that'll do it. the emblem on the tailgate is the only one on there with pins...so go for it and post pics!

Its just adhesive. Mines all de-badged.

98 newer i believe are adhesive.

Lettering is just held by adhesive... emblem in the middle of the liftgate might have a couple of studs... I started pulling the emblem on my 03 Mounty and it looked like studs are behind it... will try over the weekend again although I have no clue what I'll do with the empty hole under the emblem... any ideas?

Back