Explorer Garage / Mechanic required in London | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Garage / Mechanic required in London

UK

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer North Face
Hi all, i'm new to the site so please excuse any misplaced threads or ridiculous questions. I will refer to her as it as I don't want to get into a Q & A with the wifey.

I have a Ford Explorer North Face 2000 and looking for a recommended garage in south west London that can sort out some or all of the following issues on my truck.

I have been told that the rear leaf spring requires changing as it is sagging to one side.
It seems to run ok but the engine does sound a little noisy for the first 10 minutes of cold starting.
It runs on lpg, a Romano conversion that was done around 12 years ago and can occasionally stall when turning a corner very slowly.
It could do with a service on both petrol and lpg.
There has always been some juddering from the steering wheel when driving over 65 mph, not sure if this is because of the leaf spring issue.

Thanks for reading and any advice.

Hi all, i'm new to the site so please excuse any misplaced threads or ridiculous questions. I will refer to her as it as I don't want to get into a Q & A with the wifey.

I have a Ford Explorer North Face 2000 and looking for a recommended garage in south west London that can sort out some or all of the following issues on my truck.

I have been told that the rear leaf spring requires changing as it is sagging to one side.
It seems to run ok but the engine does sound a little noisy for the first 10 minutes of cold starting.
It runs on lpg, a Romano conversion that was done around 12 years ago and can occasionally stall when turning a corner very slowly.
It could do with a service on both petrol and lpg.
There has always been some juddering from the steering wheel when driving over 65 mph, not sure if this is because of the leaf spring issue.

Thanks for reading and any advice.

Hiya, I am in Mitcham and know these very well, serviced my own for years, if I can help let me know.

Back