Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Explorer Garage / Mechanic required in London

Discussion in 'UK Explorer Owners Forum' started by UK, February 22, 2015.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. UK

UK New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 Explorer North Face
      Hi all, i'm new to the site so please excuse any misplaced threads or ridiculous questions. I will refer to her as it as I don't want to get into a Q & A with the wifey.

I have a Ford Explorer North Face 2000 and looking for a recommended garage in south west London that can sort out some or all of the following issues on my truck.

I have been told that the rear leaf spring requires changing as it is sagging to one side.
      It seems to run ok but the engine does sound a little noisy for the first 10 minutes of cold starting.
      It runs on lpg, a Romano conversion that was done around 12 years ago and can occasionally stall when turning a corner very slowly.
      It could do with a service on both petrol and lpg.
      There has always been some juddering from the steering wheel when driving over 65 mph, not sure if this is because of the leaf spring issue.

Thanks for reading and any advice.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BIGHVM

BIGHVM Well-Known Member

City, State:
      UK, Richmond, Surrrey.
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 Northface
      Hiya, I am in Mitcham and know these very well, serviced my own for years, if I can help let me know.