Explorer Maintenance website gone???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Maintenance website gone????

TN_Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Manchester, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
5-1991's; 1-94; 1-2000
Over the last ten years I have gotten lots & lots of great tips from the Explorer Maintenance website - glue.umd.edu. It was one of the best for odd problems. I noticed in the last few weeks I can no longer access it. Does anyone know if it has been moved?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe Rick is attempting to contact the owner of the site.

Just in case it comes back, what is the full url for this site??
Thanks,

The link is in my signature line. Someone mentioned the owner may no longer be associated with the university of Maryland. And the University finally got around to taking in down.

I did have the foresight to download the entire website onto a CD a couple of years ago. Barring ownership issues, I would be glad to send Rick a copy if he can post it here somewhere.

I have space if you need..

TN_Explorer said:
I did have the foresight to download the entire website onto a CD a couple of years ago. Barring ownership issues, I would be glad to send Rick a copy if he can post it here somewhere.

Nice....How do you download a site onto your machine? I have made pages available (while offline), but any link within the page was not download...

Hello everyone this is the first time I have been to this site, but I also used the Explorer Maintenance site as well and found it very helpful. If you guys still have that CD and need a place to host it I can host it as well. I was going to grab the whole site last week but did not have time.

Oh no! The glue site is gone! I anticipated it "disappearing" so I saved most of that site over the years. I have it somewhere on my hd, and I have added my own notes to it--each time I change shocks, for example, I will add my own notes to it.

Rhett said:
Oh no! The glue site is gone! I anticipated it "disappearing" so I saved most of that site over the years. I have it somewhere on my hd, and I have added my own notes to it--each time I change shocks, for example, I will add my own notes to it.

So would you mind making this available to others? There was alot of useful information on that site.

Thanks TN_Explorer I got the CD. I would just upload it to my site but all the links are screwed up so I would have to fix all of them, and on my parents computer they do not have a web editer so I would have to do it manually. So I will work on that and I will let you guys know when I'm done.

Alright the website is up...links not working right now, but if you know what the pages are called just type that in at the end and the page should work. I will work on the links but here it is.....
http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~mab227/Explorer/Explorer Maintenance.htm

I will fix the index page so it will be called index.htm instead of Explorer%20Maintenance.htm

I was going threw the links and wow they are screwed up for some reason, I dont know how it was working before. So I have to match up they links with thier pages, and the pages arent named very nicely soooo it will be fun

I just relized that all the pages are not there so there will be some empty links, I will let you guys know which ones are missing and see if you guys have them

These are the ones I am missing, Thermostat Page, Changing the Coolant, Service Schedule, All the Coolants, Fan, Water Pump, Radiator, and lots more. I will go threw and which ones that do not go to anything I do not have, but give a couple of days to find stuff.

Bah, in this time of such web technology, disappearing websites are of no concern! :D
Wayback It

I just clicked around in the February 13, 2004 copy and everything seems to be there. Pictures and all.

^ Thanks a lot I will use that to fix stuff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back