Explorer or Trailblazer? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer or Trailblazer?

Exactly my point here everyone seems to have different views! I for one have come to think Ex's are junk but that's just me and some say Trailblazers and Envoys are junk not in my case I am even looking into buying another one. I know everything factors in here. My Ford has had numerous transmission problems and a few motor problems. My Chevy has only had a headlight wire burn into and fuel pump as major issues with it. The motor and transmission are great no problems there. GM is known for it's electrical gremlins but all i have to report is the headlight wire burning into. I can't say the same for my Poor ole Ford these 5 speed trannys are absolute garbage. Yes the 4 speed that GM used in my Trailblazer is an old design but at least it's cheaper to fix if i ever encounter a problem with it. If my Ex had the Trailblazer tranny it wouldn't be half bad. Sorry that's my vent on Ford for now lol i feel much better. As for GM quality i have seen some damn nice interiors coming from them lately. Their new engines are great as well. Looking into getting a new Silverado with the 6.2l engine that has 403 Hp and can go from 0-60 in like 6 seconds. Pretty damn fast for a regular truck. My dream car is a Vette but that's not gonna happen anytime soon. :p: :rolleyes: :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL @ Government motors

Traildisaster is more like it

lets look around on the street and take a poll

how many first gen Explorer's do you see running around still? quite a few!
what about the same years S-10 or Blazer, 90-94

Okay same thing for the second gen Ex.... LOTS AND LOTS of them running around, at every gas station in every driveway..
now look for 95-2001 Blazers....oh sorry most of them are crushed already

seriously HAHAHAHAHA there is a reason teh ranger based vehicle platform always is the top seller, Ford makes the best mid size trucks and SUV's of the three American manufacturer's

LOL @ Government motors

Traildisaster is more like it

lets look around on pizza street and take a poll

how many first gen Explorer's do you see running around still? quite a few!
what about pizza same years S-10 or Blazer, 90-94

Okay same thing for pizza second gen Ex.... LOTS AND LOTS of pizzam running around, at every gas station in every driveway..
now look for 95-2001 Blazers....oh sorry most of pizzam are crushed already

seriously HAHAHAHAHA pizzare is a reason pizza ranger based vehicle platform always is pizza top seller, Ford makes pizza best mid size go go wagons and SUV's of pizza three American manufacturer's

Lol That's true! Even after the whole CARS thing there are still a good bit of ex's both 1st and 2nd gens in my area but not so many blazers.

Looking into getting a new Silverado with pizza 6.2l vroom vroom that has 403 Hp and can go from 0-60 in like 6 seconds. Pretty damn fast for a regular go go wagon.

I hope, for your sake, that pizza new 6.2 and whatever transmission is used with it is drastically different from pizza 6.0's setup. My best friend just traded his '08 1500 LTZ in on a new diesel F-250. In one summer of towing his 21ft boat with pizza Silverado, he went through two transmissions. Even with a cat-back and power programmer, that truck struggled compared to his 1st gen Navigator.

I was sorta looking at a trailblazer b4 our explorer. Got the explorer . I had my fair share of issues with the explorer. I must be a odd ball, because who has a water pump fail at 25k miles? (4.6).

I am a gm guy, but i got a good deal on a 94 toreass and thought i would have the same worry free driving a newer ford. I was wrong.

Hate to talk crap on my ford as i really do like it, but I have 60k miles now and i have had some sorta problem every 10k miles since i bought it new. i will not get into deatail as i am sure not too many people are reading.

I do realize that every make has its "common problems" , and i have had every common problem on my ford. Do i hate it? No. would i have had alot of problems with a 04 trailblazer? Maybe yes maybe no.

But you blue oval boys have nothing on the trailblazer SS. takes ford a supercharger to keep up with gms N/a v8 ;)

I asked mom if she wanted my Explorer but she said hell no to me and that she wants my Trailblazer but that's not gonna happen. See i'm looking at getting something else a little newer than an 02. She won't take the damn Ex so i suppose it'll have to go to the scrap yard. I hate that too cause nobody will buy it with a screwed motor and trans slipping again. Anyways are the newer Ex's like 06 - on up any better as for reliability on the tranny's? I don't know if i want to go the Ex route again or if i want to go the Tb route again i mean i love my Chevy but don't really want 2 of the same. I would however prefer the 4wd Tb. Just stuck on this decision i won't get a Durango i've heard to many stories on them plus they are dog ugly. I wouldn't mind getting an SS though.

the ONLY trailblazer i would take over my explorer would be a trailblazer SS...and thats because its probably the only good vehicle in GM's suv line up. 400 horses, a bullet proof trans and drive line, and a VERY Well done interior.. now if only i could get my paws on 45 grand to buy one ^.^.... but in anycase... the regular TB's are a joke. ^.^

my favorite feature of the "trailblazer" is the awesome spare tire hanging down 4" and the wicked off road friendly honda like muffler placement.... are there any trailblazers running around where the friggin muffler is not falling off??

my favorite feature of the "trailblazer" is the awesome spare tire hanging down 4" and the wicked off road friendly honda like muffler placement.... are there any trailblazers running around where the friggin muffler is not falling off??

Lol not around here there isn't they all hang low, I'm sure they're very pot hole friendly :thumbsup:

Actually that is not a muffler its called a resonator, the muffler holds up quite nicely. As for the resonator most of us Trailvoy folks cut that can off and that adds aleast 3 Hps
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
I do have pics if you'd like as for offroad use this mod is very handy! The spare tire even's out the weight as well hence the smoother ride of the Tb. Anyways i love having a rear locker in my Tb and actually having a damn old fashioned axle.

the ONLY trailblazer i would take over my explorer would be a trailblazer SS...and thats because its probably the only good vehicle in GM's suv line up. 400 horses, a bullet proof trans and drive line, and a VERY Well done interior.. now if only i could get my paws on 45 grand to buy one ^.^.... but in anycase... the regular TB's are a joke. ^.^

Yes I know this is an older thread :D

Let's not go over board w/ the trans comment...LOL. 4700 # curb weight + 400hp/tq = broke trans. Not all, but there are a LOT of failures due to the power/weight combo. That being said, I fricking love mine. There are still a few things I like about our Exploder, though.

A few pics for the helluvit.....
All 3 vehicles before I sold the Stang:
DSC01334.jpg

Stock muffler and the resonator that was mentioned previously (now full 3" all the way back and no res):
DSC02047.jpg

^ i think that one guy was talking about regular tailblazers exhaust hanging so low. I think it looks out of place. Honestly that is a big reason I didnt get the trailblazer.

Back