Explorer owners in PA | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer owners in PA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can I get 33" BFG Mud Terrains for my 16" diameter stock wheels AND make them fit with just doing shackles and TT , and 3" BL and a little trimming?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yeah, that'll work. You should check out www.desertrat.com. They have tire and wheel packages for good prices.
-E

If you want a place you can just drop it off and have it done PM me. It is a long job though.

Mike,
My prerunner should be comming soon. I'll need your help getting it on. I've got to cut the brackets off of the end of the frame rail on both sides to mount it. I think I may have it powder coated first though. Any free time on the allignment rack anytime soon? I'll give you a ring.
-Eric

Yeah give me a call. we can get that on the rack in the next week or so. That dodge FINALY started so I will have some time again. Will hapily help mount that pre runner. Give me a call and we can arange it. LMK where you go for powder coating too

For anyone in PA who is interested in doing a little wheeling, see Rausch Creek Run . All levels of truck and experience are welcome.....

Mike,
A powder coater is opening up on the same road as the uesd car dealership your buddy lou was doing work at.
-E

can you get me their info Eric? I gotta talk to them

Mike,
No problem, I've got to talk to them about my bumper anyway. Is a powder coat good for that type of application? What I mean is, is it strong enough to resist some punishment? I know it will scratch, but will it break off?
-E

powder coating's technical name is "Fusion Bonded Epoxy" it bonds to metal not to itself, so as long as they sandblast and etch the metal(which is standard), it shouldn't be a problem, you can hit it with a hammer and it won't chip or anything. Since the powercoating is bonded to the metal, it should never flake or chip etc.

I sometimes specify fusion bonded epoxy on some of the jobs i do (I am a water authority engineer). A place we typicaly spec is:

Custom Powder Coatings Inc
(215) 333-9433 8451 Hegerman St
Philadelphia, PA Map

Hey mike do you think ud have the time this tues to help me change out my auto hubs and calipers?
ed

Hell yeah. give me a caqll on my cell 215 768 9865

i live in the dead center of the Poconos i can almost spit on camelback from my house. but i go to college in Millersville just out side of lancaster. i'd love to go 4 wheelin, but im running pretty much stock right now. if any body knows some mild trails around me . plz let me know.

hey, i didn't ever see this thread but i live in PA, i'm near pittsburgh or indiana if u know were that is....didn't know there was so many people from PA in here...cool guyz..:cool:

If any of you Pennsyltuckians are relatively close to Maryland, you're welcome to join us Fairylanders for some dinner on Feb 7th!

Maryland run

Im in Collingdale (Delco, near Springfield). About 10 minutes south of Philly.

I know where that is.
for all there is a paragon trip coming up.

marcoze,
I know where that is too. My roomate played laccross for springfield high. Welcome to the site! You should definately come to Paragon on the 28th, unless you're a streeter! You'd bust up all your neon lights under your truck and we don't want all that neon gass getting into the atmosphere!
-E

Whats paragon?

Its not a street truck, its barely legal. (But thats just because its falling apart). Its been offroading a few times. 100% stock though. I also like to beat on the rice around here.

Oh and the truck is dead out front still from the beginning of january.

I'm from Johnstown Pa. which is about an hour west of Pittsburgh

Back