Explorer problems PLZ HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95explorerman

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 xlt
I have a 1995 ford explorer xlt with countless small problems i need help with. first off, my windshield wiper fluid squirter doesnt work. when i press it the wipers come on but thats it. Next, i can roll up/down the front 2 power windows and the back left window from the drivers seat but i cant roll the back(the rear right window doesnt do anything) ones up, neither can they. The front passenger window cant do anything so i have to control it from the drivers seat. idk if theirs something wrong with the switches or what? i dont think its the motor because the windows wouldnt move at all if that was the case. Then the other day my front left blinker stopped working and started to blink rapidly and began to make a buzzing noise from the dash. i figured a new bulb would do the trick but i was wrong. it only works if i hold the turn signal lever down without actually clicking it into place. Lastly, when driving down the highway or any road really, with any alteration in the road the whole car rocks/sways back and forth or left to right. It might be the shocks so im going to get them replaced here soon hopefully. Like i said, if you could help me out or just tell me what ya know it woud be much appreciated.

Thanks,
95explorerman

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The wiper problem is likely the actual multi-function switch (turn signal stalk). Common issue. The fast blinker could be either a bulb out or the blinker relay itself.

You're sure you're not out of wiper fluid?

i sometimes have the buzzing noise but on the right side.. i turn the switch off and back on and it works fine havent figured it out either. does ur wiper fluid motor come on? it could be that or something else

I think it was clogged because i held the switch in for pretty long yesterday until finally...it came out.

fast bulb = bad ground

look for a splice in the wire that may have broke

Back