• Register Today It's free!

Explorer / Ranger Mirrors???

loweder

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NewJersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 X Sport
Just a question for anyone with a possible answer... I wanna change out my stock side mirrors for something custom. I have not yet seen any company with a set for any Explorer. I have a 1998 X Sport and was wondering if the mirrors on a same year Ranger would be the same??? If so, there are plenty of aftermarket mirrors for them. Cal-Vu makes a great set I really want, but I don't wanna spend the money for something without being certain first! Anyone with any info on this would be a big help and greatly appreciated!! Thanks to all who apply! - Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know if anyone has tried it...I have thought about it, but never had a chance...wanna be the guinea pig?

Ryan

OK, so I found out that whole idea I had wasn't happening! After some thought, I decided to just buy new mirrors to replace the factory ones that are equipped with built in led turn signals to give it a more custom look. The housing stayed the same, but the new signals are pretty sweet! Best I could do to change em up since no one really makes mirrors for us!

I took the mirrors off my 93 Ranger and the 96 Explorer, no go. The explorer mirror "mounting plate" is larger than the Ranger.

Any pics of the LED mirrors?

Yea, they are close but not quite the same, sux! I don't have pix yet cause the truck is in the body shop havin a lot of mods done. As soon as it comes out, the outside of my truck will be totally done, so I will be sure to post up pix of all that I have done!

I installed the Street Scene Mirrors from a Ranger onto my X. It took a bit of genius, and about 1/2 days work to get it done, but it looks really good.

If I were to do it again though, I would go the LONG, HARD way, and cut apart a Ranger door, and graft the side mirror mount area into the Explorer door.

Ryan

What ya doing with the Mirrors? I'm guessing you're probably going to keep them as spairs. But if you don't want them.....I'd be glad to work something out. I need some for a Project I've been thinking about. Either way, I'm sure the new ones look really nice.

lets see some pics of them

Back