Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Explorer "repari manual" at autozone.com

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by MrShorty, September 27, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. MrShorty

MrShorty Explorer Addict

City, State:
      Spanish Fork, UT
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      92 XLT and '87 Bronco II
      Explorer "repair manual" at autozone.com

Was browsing autozone's website tonight and found that they've put what looks like the equivalent of a Chilton's manual on their website (www.autozone.com --> repair info --> vehicle repair guides). I didn't look through it thouroughly, but the kind of information that would come in a Chilton's manual is there, including wiring diagrams.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human-Animal Hybrid

City, State:
      Carmichael, CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '97 Sport 4x4
      you are correct

It even has the same pictures as my Chiltons does (at least in the electrical section which is what I looked at)

One thing that I think is weird is that in the fine print it says the info has been licensed for use by Delmar Publishing. I looked up their web site and they appear to specialize in tech literature and training.

When I look at my Chilton's book it says it was published by W.G. Nichols, Inc. I also found their web site and they still appear to be the publisher of Chiltons books.

Doesn't it seem weird that one company has the rights for the book version and a different company has the electronic (web) rights? Neither company appears to own the other, at least as far as I could tell from their respective web sites.