1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Wanted Explorer tire knowledge.

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by oldglory93, July 25, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. oldglory93

oldglory93 New Member

City, State:
    mountain town, SC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1993 Explorer Sport Xl
    Hey, im new to the forum, i have a 1993 ford explorer sport xl, im looking for some more aggressive tires, but not huge mudders, i live in a southern town with lots or dirt roads, an lots of feild driving, im looking for some allterains that will work well in the snow, an ice, the tires i have now to pretty well for the most part but when it gets cold an the ground freezes i get stuck easily, loose snow is no problem, but when it gets packed, im screwed, im looking for something that i can still drive on the raod with an not worry about a great decrease in gas milage with, so if anyone may have any ideas, i would love to here them.. thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Blee1099

Blee1099 Evil Asian EF Vendor Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Elkridge, MD
    If your getting stuck consider a locking differential. Tire wise maybe a more agressive AT tire like the Mickey Thompson MTZ, Procomp Xtreme AllTerrain, etc.

4. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  5. Anime

Anime EF YEAH!! Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    2018 EX Sport Concept
    What tires on are there now?

If you're looking for All-Terrains that do well in snow, the BFGoodrich All-Terrains seem to fit the bill, and they are of course an excellent and popular off-road tire.

The Bridgestone Dueler Revo is an excellent on/off road All-Terrain that gets great reviews as a great all-around tire that does well on pavement and is an excellent off-road and snow tire without a super aggressive tread.

Check around on the site and other places like tirerack.com's reviews of All-Terrain tires to get an idea of what the best tires are and what might be suitable for your purposes.

Welcome to the site!

6. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    outside shovelling snow
    ................ 96 XLT ™

We Support Our Troops!