Solved - Exploring Forced Induction: The Fluid MotorUnion Ford Explorer Turbo Build Thread! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Exploring Forced Induction: The Fluid MotorUnion Ford Explorer Turbo Build Thread!

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.
That build looks great. I am in the planning stages of a 2002 4.0l turbo build. I was curious, what have been the problems with the transmissions. The 6R60 seems pretty good, and PATC has a lot of upgrades for the 5R55 transmissions. I am planning on doing the upgrades to the 5R55 from them.
I have only had 1 or 2 of the 6R60 from the explorer and a couple of the 6R80 from an expedition/F150 fail. Granted none of those vehicles had mods, that is why I am curious.
BTW, I am a Ford transmission tech.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

updates? ... wait what am I saying... I WANT!! Oooo it is soooo shiny. Ford should have offered a turbo package for the 4.6l :D

i wish more people would turbo there explorers!!!!

Back