F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

Hey, anyone know where I can get some of these coil seats? The Ford dealership said it was $70 for one side and $20 for the other, which we both found pretty odd.
Just get two of the $20.00 sides.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

will that work? What is the difference between the two?

...Thanks for that update...:biggthump

...Since you are in Pa. and this is a longshot, try contacting Kbabiak on the bottom of the Forums page....He may be able to help in one way or another...:dunno:

There is a locating pin you would have to remove/break off.. On our old set ours was broken off and it was never an issue. It never moved/spun..

Otherwise, they are so close to the same I don't think there would be an issue with them being on the wrong side, even though the hole the bolt goes through isn't quite "centered".

~Mark

So I could just get 2x of the $20 ones and just cut off the tap on the back for both or just one side? And I should be fine?

AFAIK, yes.. wait for some other people to respond, just in case..

You can see in the pics that the center hole isn't quite centered.. but is so "slight" that I don't think it will cause any issue.

~Mark

The two that I put in were old, rusty and I have no idea if they were lefts or right, or two lefts or two rights. I just turned them until the offset hole lined up so the coils were straight and bolted them down. I did not have to cut off that tab, one was forward facing and one ended up rear facing. I also tack welded them onto the arms because I thought they might wiggle loose. I saw some years that had a sway bar mount on one side, maybe that is the difference??

Awesome write up. I just finished this install today along with new pro comp shocks all around. Next is the RA bushings, along with an alignment

...I am glad you were able to make good use of this thread...:biggthump

...Just curious but, where did you get your f150 coil seats from and how much were they???

I got my seats from the fast parts network

Part F2TZ-5A307-A 61.04
Part F2TZ-5A307-B 19.05

After installing the springs back in they weren't as plumb as they were before the coil seat install. Should I be worried about this or will an alignment basically take care of that.

P9260106.jpg

...Part of that will come out when the springs settle after a couple mile drive to get your alignment...I can't tell much from that picture but it should be ok with some camber bushings installed...

..The price you got is the cheapest I've seen lately...It looks like they increased the price on the "A" like everyone else but also decreased the old price on the "B"...

You guys should try these parts. I got them from a junk yard today. Had to get two passenger coil seats from two different trucks. The driver side is 3/4" tall and the passengers side is 1 1/8" tall. You can read the part number from the pic I attached. As you can see these are round and the hole is in the center and there is no tab.

DSCN1022.jpg

DSCN1023.jpg

DSCN1024.jpg

DSCN1026.jpg

...Nice find...:biggthump

...You didn't mention how much they were...The ones I originally posted are very similar and I believe they are from an early 90's V8 F150...Your are similar, minus the tabs, and mine are 1.5" tall...

...Those would help others too who find the 1.5" a little to tall for their stiff springs...;)

Sorry! Didn't realize I forgot the price. I paid $10 each at a local junk yard. Seems to be the ones you posted are the V8 and the ones I have are for the V6. The heavy duty pickups (8 lug) were all the ones with the stabilizer tabs.

I got a set while I was in Alaska but didn't recall what they were from. They were rusted so bad I could not get any numbers from them. These were in good shape, plus access to sand blaster was a plus.

Even though they measure 1 1/8", they give you 1 1/2" at the wheel.

I haver been studying this thread for a couple nights now how would the coil seats off a 95 f150 work would they work the same because thats about the only access to a f150 i have

...Have you measured them or do you have pics???

...I don't believe I've heard of anyone using them yet...:dunno:

I haver been studying this thread for a couple nights now how would the coil seats off a 95 f150 work would they work the same because thats about the only access to a f150 i have

Do they look the same as the post above? If so, then they should work. It does not really matter what they came out of, as long as they are the right height, the coil fits, and the holes line up.
If you do the modification, and if you have access to a welder, tack them down to the radius arms so they don't wiggle loose. If you decide to take them off later, just wack them with a small sledge, or cut off the tacks with a cut-off wheel.
I also cut the tabs off of one side of mine to even up the offset holes, can't remember which side.

^
|

I agree, sometimes you have to work with what you got.

hmmm Looking back at this Thread made me realize that only took 8-9 months or so but Got Er Done :D

So so late night photo
DCFC0179.jpg

Now that i have done it, I now ponder why i did not do this sooner?:rolleyes:
Oh yea Ted it corrected the little problem you noted at Truckhaven ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok so I have a 4X2, how would I go about getting the longer stud bolts that would hold the F150 Seats? Should I just get 4x4 replacements from Ford? Does anyone have some I can buy? ...and I haven't gotten under the truck to look for myself yet...but are the studs fairly difficult to change to do the F150 Seats?
I'm picking up some tires today, and would like a little more front end clearance.

Back