Factory Alarm "Arm" Wire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory Alarm "Arm" Wire

HitmanX800

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Eddie
Does anyone know if this truck has a factory alarm "arm" wire for use with an aftermarket alarm system? If so does someone know what wire it is?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum

You don't have a factory alarm, Ford didn't offer one
What kind of alarm are you trying to instal?

Thanks for the Welcome!

well it has the factory keyless entry and with horn and lights if you open the door after you lock it with the fob, by the key pad, or by the lock button on the arm rest. i had a car starter installed that ingrated in to the keyless, it will deactivate the alarm but will only arm it if i lock it with the door open. i know it makes absoulty no sense but it's true. i had a shop install it and they said there is no way to make it arm without having the door open and pressing lock on the new remote, so i am trying to finish the job myself. the unit is a autopage rs-622 and it has a wire for facotry arm and factory disarm. the shop is telling me there is no factory arm wire and it arms by a combo of dome light and door lock. but there has to be a better way then locking it when i have the door open, thats just dumb. hoping to find a way to make it work or i might just wind up having 2 remotes to use.

I too have been trying to integrate a remote starter to use only the original fob, there are some that you connect to the lock wire, then when you hit the lock on your fob twice, it starts the car.

What I did was buy an OEM add on(ebay), which hasn't arrived yet, it is suppossed to work with the factory keyless system, not sure how, when I get it I'll try to post the instalation process, IF I can do it myself, else I'll take it to a shop

either way, let me know how it works for you, what is the name of the item you bought?

That's the PN: 1L3Z-19G364-CA
You need an additional bypass to use it (don't know which yet) but I'm sure you have it already, since it's needed for all starters and you have one already

i wonder if there is a Universal key fob that will take "Learn" buttons from mutile remotes. that would be perfect.

Thanks for the Welcome!

well it has the factory keyless entry and with horn and lights if you open the door after you lock it with the fob, by the key pad, or by the lock button on the arm rest. i had a car starter installed that ingrated in to the keyless, it will deactivate the alarm but will only arm it if i lock it with the door open. i know it makes absoulty no sense but it's true. i had a shop install it and they said there is no way to make it arm without having the door open and pressing lock on the new remote, so i am trying to finish the job myself. the unit is a autopage rs-622 and it has a wire for facotry arm and factory disarm. the shop is telling me there is no factory arm wire and it arms by a combo of dome light and door lock. but there has to be a better way then locking it when i have the door open, thats just dumb. hoping to find a way to make it work or i might just wind up having 2 remotes to use.

According to my wiring diagram-

FACTORY ALARM ARM- arms on lock Arms on lock only with door open. It is necessary to send a signal to door trigger as well as lock to arm factory alarm.

DOOR TRIGGER- BLACK/LIGHT BLUE(+) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL larger of the 2 Harnesses, heading to the REAR of vehicle

POWER LOCK- PINK/YELLOW(-) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL larger of the 2 Harnesses, heading to the REAR of vehicle

Back