1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Factory Audio Trouble

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by 95exexp, December 21, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 95exexp

95exexp New Member

City, State:
      williamsburg va
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '95 explorer expedition
      first off i have a 1995 explorer expedition 2dr with rear controls and no cd button on the hu. its a JBL audio system with the amp/tuner in the rear panel. i have a little problem here... from what i hear it is impossible or very expensive/time consuming to install a whole new system in my ford, all i want though is to listen to mp3's through my stereo. first i got a tape deck thing but my stereo rejected it, then i got an fm modulator for a walkman i had and i was happy with the quality of sound, someone told me it sounds bad with an mp3 player and i cannot stand low quality music especially after i spent $400 and countless hours on my computer getting all my music ready. so is there any option i have with my particular setup? and i was wondering if anyone had done a full overhaul on this audio system and how long it took ect.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.