Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode) | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I bought a used 2014 ford explorer and i am wanting to set the code on the outside of the door. I dont have the factory reset number card that should have came in the owners manual as it was USED. I see from youtube and other places the code is also stuck in certain places around the vehicle. Does anyone know where the code is hidden on a 2014 explorer?
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
I've merged your thread with this existing one. Check out post 167.
It would also help if you added the 'trim' level (Base, XLT etc) to your profile so it appears in the margin. There is also a method shown in post 188 that you can try depending on which type of key you have.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2013 Explorer

I accidentally cleared the factory code for the SecuriCode keyless entry keypad on the touchscreen thinking it would clear the prior owners codes. Now I am not able to enter the code at all without the factory code that I erased. How can I reset the factory code? Thanks!

I accidentally cleared the factory code for the SecuriCode keyless entry keypad on the touchscreen thinking it would clear the prior owners codes. Now I am not able to enter the code at all without the factory code that I erased. How can I reset the factory code? Thanks!
The factory code can not be deleted. Do you know what it is? If not, check out the first few pages of this thread to find out where it is. I believe you are not the first to have done this and I think the resolution is likely posted in this thread as well.
Also, please add the 'trim' level (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it appears in the margin. They are not all the same. Thanks.

Peter

New Member and a question

Hello everyone. Great to have a forum to get help,

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer that I bought used. I need to reset the keyless entry, but my dealership is trying to charge a ridiculous fee because I do not have some kind of card in my book. Also, the rear view camera says it is unavailable contact dealer but the sound works. They want to charge a $100.00 diagnostic fee and then no telling how much more, got any ideas

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer that I bought used. I need to reset the keyless entry, but my dealership is trying to charge a ridiculous fee because I do not have some kind of card in my book. Also, the rear view camera says it is unavailable contact dealer but the sound works. They want to charge a $100.00 diagnostic fee and then no telling how much more, got any ideas

Please check the below thread, there are detailed info on how to get the factory number if you do not have the card.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366843

I have merged your thread with the above mentioned link. See the photo in post 29 and 167.
Also, please add the trim level (Base, XLT, etc) to your profile so it always appears in the margin. Very helpful.

Peter

I just purchaed a used 2016 explorer limited. Does anyone know where to locate the Module Location for Keyless Entry. I have tried the method of using the two key fob in the center console and didn't have any luck. The card with the code was not in the owner manual.

I just purchaed a used 2016 explorer limited. Does anyone know where to locate the Module Location for Keyless Entry. I have tried the method of using the two key fob in the center console and didn't have any luck. The card with the code was not in the owner manual.
Your thread has been merged with this one found using the 'Search' function. See post 206 above and please add the trim (Limited) to your profile. Thanks.

Peter

Dealer will want to charge you for the information you request
Unless of course you return to the selling dealer who should have given the code to you in the first place.

Awesome, thanks for the tip...my 2011 Explorer Limited (bought used) had the 5 digit code under there...just 5 numbers, no L after....but it works to unlock doors...

Awesome, thanks for the tip...my 2011 Explorer Limited (bought used) had the 5 digit code under there...just 5 numbers, no L after....but it works to unlock doors...
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Glad to have been of help.

Peter

Recently buy a used explorer sport and want to know the location of the keyless ntry module to find the code. Any help?

Recently buy a used explorer sport and want to know the location of the keyless ntry module to find the code. Any help?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature (upper right) I found this thread and merged yours with it. Not 100% sure if the 2016/17 models have it in the same location as described in this thread. Post 188 also has another method that may or may not work for you.

Peter

Hi ! Searching for my securicode`s / last owner don´t know anything about it / i have read that these codes are written on a type of check cards, but my owners wallet and the pockets to stow these cards are empty...
Please: can anyone post a picture of such a card (of course without the number :) ) ???

Here you go, hope it helps.
Brian
IMG_2285.png

Hi ! Searching for my securicode`s / last owner don´t know anything about it / i have read that these codes are written on a type of check cards, but my owners wallet and the pockets to stow these cards are empty...
Please: can anyone post a picture of such a card (of course without the number :) ) ???

Look under dashboard near the firewall on the drivers side. There should be a sticker.

While this doesn't directly answer your question regarding the card, you can find the number here. The thread was found using the Forum's 'Search" feature; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...or-code-securicode.366843/page-2#post-2866271
This should apply to your 2013 but I'm not sure about later 2016/17 models. Good luck, hope it works for you.

Peter

On the firewall area. White sticker with 6 numbers and letter. Just use numbers. It might have a scan bar code above numbers.

On the firewall area. White sticker with 6 numbers and letter. Just use numbers. It might have a scan bar code above numbers.
Inside or outside firewall. Any chance of a picture Steve as this seems to be different from the pre redesigned models?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks to all / found it under the dashboard and it works !!!

Back