Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode) | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For a 2014 there is a sticker on the interior fuse panel cover by the brake pedal. 5 digits followed by the letter L

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I want to add to this thread that the newest version of Forscan can pull the master code for 2011-2015 Explorers.

Version 2.3.9 has the ability to do it but due to a module database issue your RFA module cannot be recognized.

Version 2.3.10 (official) will have this glitch fixed.

When testing this new service procedure the code given by forscan is different than the label. So it appears there maybe 2 different levels of "master codes". Both label and forscan codes work BTW.

Until 2.3.10 is released you can use the unofficial release version here:
http://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.10.test20170602.exe

Yup, they hooked mine up to forscan and it showed a different code...but if you look at the keypad, it's the same sequence

I've torn the dash out of my 2010 ST and there is no damn 5 digit code anywhere!! I'm not paying a dealer 150 bux since I have two fobs to lock/unlock my vehicle. I just want the location of that elusive sticker that has my 5 digit code on it.

I've torn the dash out of my 2010 ST and there is no damn 5 digit code anywhere!! I'm not paying a dealer 150 bux since I have two fobs to lock/unlock my vehicle. I just want the location of that elusive sticker that has my 5 digit code on it.
Have you tried posting or searching in the 2007 - 2010 Sport Trac forum? Perhaps your vehicle doesn't have the code posted in the same place as the 5th gen. Explorer.
There are several posts there about the Door or Master code location.

Peter

Have you tried posting or searching in the 2007 - 2010 Sport Trac forum? Perhaps your vehicle doesn't have the code posted in the same place as the 5th gen. Explorer.
There are several posts there about the Door or Master code location.

Peter
Yes I've read all of them. So many different answers and none of the locations mentioned helps on mine. I googled it many times and there are hundreds of opinions or maybe facts about where theirs are but I have looked in all those places.
Thanks for the reply.

On the gen 3 they are under the back seat passenger door panel near the ceiling.

My 2010 is not a gen 3! It's a gen 2 sport trac. Is the Security Module in the same place as the Explorers??

First Generation Explorer Sport Trac
2001 - 2005

Second Generation Explorer Sport Trac
2007 - 2010

That's great info for the 5th gen. Explorer Jeff but we are talking about a 2010 Sport Trac here. I may be wrong but I doubt that it has the same features required to retrieve the code.

Peter

That's great info for the 5th gen. Explorer Jeff but we are talking about a 2010 Sport Trac here. I may be wrong but I doubt that it has the same features required to retrieve the code.

Peter
Yes, that don't work on a 2010 ST!

Yes, that don't work on a 2010 ST!

I think from the information I have gotten the last two days that it is on the back side of the fuss box facing the outside of the vehicle. It will take a thin mirror and and lots of light to see it. It seems it is not visible numbers on a white background, but numbers itched in the black plastic of the fuse box. The ST is definitely different than the explorer SUV. I will look for that tomorrow and see what happens. I will report what I find. Thanks for the help on possible locations.

Hi everyone I bought my first explorer, but I do not have any information regarding the security access code, I have searched the internet and have not found any useful information at this time, except go to dealer and pay them , the only thing is it's not worth 55.00 to me. However if anyone would be willing to tell me the location of the code I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi everyone I bought my first explorer, but I do not have any information regarding the security access code, I have searched the internet and have not found any useful information at this time, except go to dealer and pay them , the only thing is it's not worth 55.00 to me. However if anyone would be willing to tell me the location of the code I would greatly appreciate it.

See this thread.
Factory Door Code (Securicode)

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You searched in the wrong place.:) I have found a few articles on the Internet with this one being the best;
The Forum has a useful 'Search' feature located in the upper right that can come in handy in finding existing threads/posts. There isn't much that hasn't been discussed here already. Good luck squeezing down under the dash to locate the info.;)
Your thread has been merged with this one mentioned in post #235 above.

Peter

My Dads Lincoln MKC had it on the rear hatch door right were anyone can see it when it is open. Stupid dealer should have moved it so I put it under the spare tire cover

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do I find out my original keyless entry code for my 2017 Explorer?

Back