Finding Factory Door Code (Securicode) | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have moved your post above to this thread. Check out my post 5 for the location of the code.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have moved your post above to this thread. Check out my post 5 for the location of the code.

Peter

Right on, thanks I'll check that out tomorrow!

Found it and many thanks!

Key code on driver door

Hello all! I bought a used 2014 explorer limited with 16k on it and I'm trying to figure out how to get the key pad code? The previous owner never left it in the glove box with the other paperwork what should I do? Thanks for the advice

its located under the dash on a white tag. I believe on the drivers side. Hard to miss. large black numbers. It can also be changed or reset in the MFT settings screen

This guy shows fuse replacement for the engine and dash area. Scroll down to the dash fuse area. The code is on the Body Control Module also known as the interior fuse box.

It will be a white sticker with 5 digits and an "L" next to it like below.

To get to the box you may have to remove a plastic cover directly under the dash. The fuse box is to the left of the pedals in the lower A-pillar area.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Ford-Explorer-Electrical-Fuse-Replacement-Guide/index.html

ord-Explorer-Electrical-Fuse-Replacement-Guide-009.jpg

I didn't remove anything to see mine, i used by smartphone as the flashlight and then took photo of the sticker once I saw it on the screen.

I didn't remove anything to see mine, i used by smartphone as the flashlight and then took photo of the sticker once I saw it on the screen.
The 2011 Limited I had provided direct access to the panel as you stated but on my MKT there is a large plastic piece under the dash that would have to be removed to get access to that area.

Peter

Hello all! I bought a used 2014 explorer limited with 16k on it and I'm trying to figure out how to get the key pad code? The previous owner never left it in the glove box with the other paperwork what should I do? Thanks for the advice
See post 5 in this thread. It is a little different than the pic in post 108 and is a picture of the location in my previous 2011 Explorer.

Peter

Securicode Keypad Help

I have been trying to figure out why my Securicode keypad won't unlock/lock my doors. The pad lights up and even flashes after entering the wrong code several times so it appears that it is responding to touch.

Anyway, I decided to go to the MFT settings and I entered the factory code. Then I thought it was giving me the option to delete the personal code that I entered but I fear I may have deleted the factory one.

First question is - is this even possible? I ask because it won't give me any options to edit or add new codes after entering the factory code.

Second question is - if it was possible that the code got erased, how do I get it back?

Last question is - could my securicode pad be faulty? is this an expensive part to replace? I no longer have warranty.

Thanks
X

I have been trying to figure out why my Securicode keypad won't unlock/lock my doors. The pad lights up and even flashes after entering the wrong code several times so it appears that it is responding to touch.

Anyway, I decided to go to the MFT settings and I entered the factory code. Then I thought it was giving me the option to delete the personal code that I entered but I fear I may have deleted the factory one.

First question is - is this even possible? I ask because it won't give me any options to edit or add new codes after entering the factory code.

Second question is - if it was possible that the code got erased, how do I get it back?

Last question is - could my securicode pad be faulty? is this an expensive part to replace? I no longer have warranty.

Thanks
X
I have merged your post with this existing thread.
The original factory code cannot be erased and there are pictures here of where it find it. As for replacement costs, I don't know that answer. If you use the forum's 'Search' function you will find that there are a few more threads on the Securicode pad.

Peter

Thanks
X
There was an earlier post where someone had hosed the Securicode settings to the point where the dealer had to fix it with their computer.

Once I knew where to look for it, finding it was simple.

On my 2015 Ford Explorer Sport, the factory code was located above the parking brake, behind a cover, right below the fuse panel. The cover has access holes, so with a flashlight and a little wriggling I was able to read it.

Next was setting a code I would actually remember. Enter the factory code, press 1*2, then enter a new five-digit code. Wait a few seconds, the locks cycle. Then enter the new code to test it, and listen for the locks to click.

And that's it. This forum saved me $30, or whatever fee the dealership would have charged to do the same.

I wish my vehicle had memory seats. My wife and I are a foot apart on height, so we're constantly moving the driver's seat around when we switch driving.

Our previous "family sized" vehicle made by a different manufacturer had seat memory, but then it also had a transmission that liked to fail regularly ;) I guess this is a fair tradeoff.

Securicode Keypad replacement

Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 Limited. Keypad lights up and responds to touch but I can't get any programmed codes to work. I also deleted the factory one (yes it is possible) by accident and will have to go in to get it reprogrammed. If I need the keypad changed, anyone have an idea of the total cost (including labour in Canada) if I were to get a new keypad?

Thanks
X

Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 Limited. Keypad lights up and responds to touch but I can't get any programmed codes to work. I also deleted the factory one (yes it is possible) by accident and will have to go in to get it reprogrammed. If I need the keypad changed, anyone have an idea of the total cost (including labour in Canada) if I were to get a new keypad?

Thanks
X
I don't think you can delete the factory code. Have you read;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3146683&postcount=61

A member said it cost him $450 to replace the switch.

Peter

Does anyone know where is this factory-set code located on 2016 vehicle?

First post here. I have been reading this forum for awhile and it is really informative.

Question: does anyone know where is this factory-set code located on 2016 Model? I tried to look around the interior fuse box but 16 is definitely different than those picture shown in previous posts, and I can't the code in the area.

My problem is some how the code card didn't come with my vehicle (purchased new), I didn't realize that until I started looking for it a few days ago. Now I just moved to a different city recently. So getting back to dealership is somewhat difficult.

Thanks in advance!

First post here. I have been reading this forum for awhile and it is really informative.

Question: does anyone know where is this factory-set code located on 2016 Model? I tried to look around the interior fuse box but 16 is definitely different than those picture shown in previous posts, and I can't the code in the area.

My problem is some how the code card didn't come with my vehicle (purchased new), I didn't realize that until I started looking for it a few days ago. Now I just moved to a different city recently. So getting back to dealership is somewhat difficult.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Have you checked through the information package containing all the manuals etc.?
If it isn't there, I'd go to a local Ford dealer and explain the problem. Perhaps they can get the code by running the VIN. Good luck.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Door Code Reset - bought used Explorer

I bought a used 2014 ford explorer and i am wanting to set the code on the outside of the door. I dont have the factory reset number card that should have came in the owners manual as it was USED. I see from youtube and other places the code is also stuck in certain places around the vehicle. Does anyone know where the code is hidden on a 2014 explorer?

Back