Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Factory DVD displays "no disc"

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by markntiff, September 4, 2010.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. markntiff

markntiff New Member

City, State:
    PA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '03 Eddie Bauer
    Have an '03 Explorer Eddie Bauer that has the factory DVD unit that goes all the way across the headliner. A month or so ago the unit started displaying the message "no disc" whenever we stuck a dvd in. We tried many dvd's to make sure that was not the problem. Took the whole thing apart, cleaned the laser with alcohol, disconnected the battery, and tried other random things that people on the net suggested to no avail. Screen still displays the same message. Can't find one on ebay or anywhere else. Anyone have any suggestions. Can I buy just the player from Ford? Can I take it some where to get fixed?

I'm desperate....have a road trip planned with our three kids from PA to Miami, FL in a few weeks. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. waskly

waskly Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Crooklyn NY!
    expensive repair if you goto the dealer, you could try an stereo / tv repair facility.

4. biswrest

biswrest New Member

City, State:
    Bismarck, ND
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2003 Mercury Mountaineer
    Mark what ended up working for you on this

We Support Our Troops!