Factory Long Travel F-150 FX4 coming! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory Long Travel F-150 FX4 coming!

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will cost 50. guaranteed. But I'll want one anyway. I hope it has better bodylines than the platinum preview truck.

It will cost 50. guaranteed. But I'll want one anyway. I hope it has better bodylines than the platinum preview truck.

More than $50k for sure. I saw several yesterday at the dealer that were $52k-$59k and they were just super duty 4x4s with the diesel.

Well, super duty diesels are a far cry from an f 1 fiddy, but yeah trucks are crazy priced now. A guy i work with just bought the hybrid tahoe. 72 large.

Teaser just released!!!! I think I'll get this next!:p: Keep the Ex for crawlin and play with the tow rig in the washs at t-haven!:D

I wonder how much of a market there is for a truck like this now. I would think a new Lightning would do better in sales then this.

Interesting but man they should've gone with the Ranger instead of the F-150. Like an L/T Ranger with the 4.6 (or 5.0 if that's even a valid engine at this point in time).

That video got my attention you bet im saving my $$$ for a while. I really want to drive one of these. Once ford gets it more into the works i will list my ex up forsale here on the forum/ebay/craigs/etc. For now im keeping my explorer untill this amazing truck actually goes into production.

Cool stuff I guess. Honestly Stic, you could do whatever they did in those 2 videos in your stock truck... I agree with IZ that they should have done it with the Ranger, though. With what they are going to charge, I'd buy a stock truck and spend the money fixing that up.

It reminds me of this monstrosity (NF-155) that Ford put out in '03.

http://www.classyauto.com/v/used/Ford+F150/Limited+Ed,+SuperCrew+Lariat+4x4/68485

image_large.jpg

If they want to impress people, they need some real bumps to go over, not a wash like that.

FROADER I thought you might be interested in this video, the guy talking says "two and three foot holes, without bottoming out"

eh.. still though, i think they woulda done better with the ranger like others are saying. and woah, did the f-150 get an ugly front end, at least that model is better looking than the tri-bar chrome grille.

I saw the first videos before and wasn't overly impressed, but that last video is pretty impressive going 100 mph. And i like the front end, with the big FORD across the grill. Months ago when i first heard about this i thought of the NF155 of a few years ago, but this is exceeds the mostly cosmetic changes of that truck. Just also would like to add that i commend ford on the development of this truck. Everyone compares a company's offroad offerings to the jeep wrangler, but this truck goes in a whole new direction. I do still agree that they should have used the ranger instead, i think there would be more of a market for it, and using a truck with a far lower starting price would mean more people could actually buy it.

Like I said, it's cool, that road still wasn't impressive. I'll do that in my van.

I'd still spend the money on a basic truck, upgrade it and come out cheaper. :)

I agree although once the 6.2 motor with 400hp is available, that would be pretty fun to throttle down the washes with. They haven't released pricing yet but you can bet it's gonna cost a pretty penny to get one.
All for something that boils down to a mild pre-runner that you can't tow with and has a tiny bed, not exactly a working man's truck.

I say wait and get a 2 year old one.

the NF150 wasnt THAT bad. i do agree though that cosmetic changes alone are worthless. i was at a ford dealership the other day talking to a sales rep about the new rangers, he said he heard the new platform was substantially bigger.. but still smaller than the f-150. woulda been perfect to do this to. then it could compete with the tacoma, the only other midsize truck out there that can do anything. well that and the frontier.

remember a couple years back when someone from SVT stuffed the lightning drivetrain into a 2wd ranger? now THAT would have sold, and they didnt do it. blah. just like the bronco prototype. blah.

Ok you have to say it looks pretty bad AZZZ!!!:cool:

I mean I don't really like the look of the new f-150, but FINALLY, we get blacked out headlights. Looks 10x better. Not sure about the grill:rolleyes: Maybe if it just had the blue oval in it, but I do like the concept of bringing back the F O R D logoing:thumbsup:

raptorintro.jpg

and the marker light are just weird..:confused:

raptoroffroad3560.jpg

Where is the SuperCrew:thumbdwn::mad:

and this was just a funny piece from the link Dave posted..

the Raptor’s rear axle shares heavy-gauge axle tubes with Mexican-spec F-150s, which tend to be driven overloaded more frequently than U.S. versions are

LOL!!!:D "Mexican-Spec" Honda has V-Tec....we have Mexican-Spec... LMAO!!!!

OK, I'm out ...LAME! :thumbdwn::rolleyes:
The Raptor will still offer tow/haul mode, so you can pull up to 6,000 pounds if you like

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

6000 lbs...like I said, you can't tow anything with it:p:
So instead of booty fab, we can now say it's mexican-spec:D

Back