factory stereo problem

jobunn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
I did a search and found nothing like my problem.

In the morning and after my car has been off for some time my stereo works as it should. After ten minutes to an hour I get a loud "blip" or "chirp" from the speakers and it either does not work at all or stays on but at a low volume and I can't adjust the volume. Turning it off and on does not help, but SOMETIMES when I turn the car off and on it will work again for another 20 minutes.

By not working at all I mean no sound...the display stays on like normal and reads the stations or mode as I change it but no sound.

Very odd. I am afraid I'll have to get another one.

Any ideas?

my factory stereo blows just the same...

first of all most of the buttons dont work, second of all most of the few that do work just send the stereo into a frenzy, if i press either of the scan buttons or the first four presets then it goes around the dial over and over until i turn it off and it resets and sits at zero...even though its off, and the same when i turn it back on again...

but none of this matters, because as we speak i am looking over the JVC KD-SH77....

IF its in your 99 the amp is built into the radio. Sounds like the radio is on its way out. Would just jerk it out and go with a aftermarket HU.

Back