• Register Today It's free!

Factory subwoofer

Mrobs146

Reaction score
City, State
Westland, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xls 4x4
What are the replacements for the factory sub on a 03 xlt I don’t even think mine works anymore. Or where could I go to get it replaced. I live in Michigan.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can try Crutchfield.com and replace it yourself. You can try a wrecking yard. You can get in touch with a stereo supply place such as Best Buy or whatever you have in your area.

First you need to see if the amp works. Pull the rear panel and hook up any other speaker to the leads. If it works, buy an enclosure for a small sealed sub. It’s probably a standard sized 6.5 or 8.

what kind do you recommend?

Since I don't know the specs of the factory woofer I can only recommend a brand.

You'll need to find out the size, wattage and impedance of the factory woofer and match it up with a replacement.

The name brands (Kenwood/Kicker) there will require way more wattage than the factory amp would put out. Dayton or GRS would probably be the most equivalent to the factory woofer. I use those brands when rebuilding home floor speakers. I'd be sure to select a model with a rubber surround not a foam surround.

Back