Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Littleton, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Escape: No Boundaries
Adding images to your posts:
(Thanks to yob_yeknom!)

1. Find the picture on the internet, not on your computer, that you would like to have in your post.

2. Right click on the picture.

3. Select Properties, an info box will pop up.

4. Copy the entire URL next to the Address line.

5. On the Post Reply screen, click the IMG button above the reply box.

6. Paste the copied URL into the box that pops up, and click OK.

Need a place to put your pictures on the internet so you can post them?
Become an Elite Explorer.

Already an Elite Explorer and want to upload photos to the Elite Explorer Photo Gallery?

To upload a photo, click on the little NEW FEATURE Elite Explore Gallery picture at the top of every page, or go to http://www.explorerforum.com/data/

1. Click on Upload Photos on the right of the screen above the list of photo forums.

2. Choose what category the photo belongs in. DO NOT CHOOSE MAIN.

3. Click Browse and find the file on your computer.

4. Give the photo a title.

5. Add some keywords to find it when searching.

6. Give a description so we will know what we are looking at.

7. Select if you want an email notification when someone posts a reply to your photo or not.

8. Click Upload/Submit.

Remember, you have to be an Elite Explorer to have this privledge.
Join the Elite Explorers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How to post pictures W/ pictures of how to

Here is a quick and simple picture and video posting thread for those members and new members that do not know how to post pictures on a forum. I know there is a Sticky with the information already, but i figured i would make it a bit oversimple by adding pictures with directions of how to do it.

Step # 1

Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for a account, or log in if you already have one.

Pictureposting2.jpg

Step # 2

Upload your images to the internet from your computer.

pICTUEP.jpg

Step # 3

Select the picture you want to post and hover over it and select the
link from the pop down selection. Right click and select "copy" or hit CTRL+C on your keyboard.

Pictureposting1.jpg

Step #4

Paste your image selection to the forum via right clicking and selecting "paste" or hitting CTRL+V on your keyboard.

Pictureposting3.jpg

And that is how you post pictures on a Forum. :D:D:D

Even better, get an Elite membership and host your photos on EF's servers. Best $20 you'll ever spend, not only supporting a great site but giving back a small % of how much cash you've saved using the site. $20 is about as much as a can of Nightshades and an LED or two. A drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things.

...The only problem with the linking to picture host is, they are temporary...:(

...We have many threads which the pictures make all of the difference for those who search...Most of the pictures are gone or work intermittently...Being "Elite" and using the Forum to store picture's means they are always available and won't disappear..:biggthump

..We also have another member who did a great little writeup on posting pictures when he was not "Elite"...Sometimes the pictures are there and sometimes they are not...:dunno:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207704&highlight=pictures

...I'm not privy to the server capacity but I know picture loading and storage is not a problem...

"Want to post in our Photo Gallery? Join the Elite Explorers and you will be able to upload up to 40megs and upload from your camera phone!"

...I upload all my pics at 640x480...This pic size not only makes it easily viewable to other users (laptops and even on phones), but it keeps my allotted space usage to a minimum so I can store more pics...;)

...I'm not privy to the server capacity but I know picture loading and storage is not a problem...

"Want to post in our Photo Gallery? Join the Elite Explorers and you will be able to upload up to 40megs and upload from your camera phone!"

...I upload all my pics at 640x480...This pic size not only makes it easily viewable to other users (laptops and even on phones), but it keeps my allotted space usage to a minimum so I can store more pics...;)

...I get asked often how to resize photobucket pics to 640x480..Since I don't use photobucket I had to look it up and thought I would share..

...This is as easy as it gets to resize those pics..:biggthump
http://www.ehow.com/how_6923161_resize-photobucket-images.html

Instructions

1. Click the "Edit" link directly above the image's thumbnail.
2. Select "Resize" located in the horizontal tool bar at the top of the screen that appears after completing selecting "Edit." Displayed below the toolbar is the image to resize.
3. Click on the down pointing arrow to the right of "Preset Sizes" in the menu bar.
4. Select the desired size in the drop-down menu that opens.
5. Click "Save a copy," located at the bottom of the screen, to create a new image in the new size. Select "Replace original" to change the size of the original image. To cancel the edit, click "Cancel."

Read more: How to Resize Photobucket Images | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6923161_resize-photobucket-images.html#ixzz0zY49Zack

How much server capacity do we have? Just curious how many pics and stuff we can have before it's cooked...

We have PLENTY of space for photos and we can always upgrade to larger hard drives should the need arise.

Uploading pictures directly to the forum will ensure they will always be with your thread no matter what you do with your Photobucket account or other external account. If your goal is to help people over time, or ensure that your trucks pics will always be here, becoming an Elite Explorer and uploading to the site as an attachment or into our Photo Gallery is your best bet.

Right now we have 42,000 photos in our gallery, and they are only taking up just over 2 gigs of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back