1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fender flare compatibilty with fender

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by SASQUATCH113, July 23, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. SASQUATCH113

SASQUATCH113 New Member

City, State:
    Bradenton, FL
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '00 Eddie Bauer V8
    I had an accident and ended up having to replace my driver side fender. I went to a junk yard and got a replacement. My car and the car from the junkyard are both Eddie Bauers. Mine is 2000, the junk was a 1998.

The flares on my car have a double curve and the one from the junk yard are a solid bulge (look it up if you don't know what I mean, as I dont have pics, but I can grab some from offline in a bit)

My flare I took off my car doesn't line up with my 'new' fender.

Anyone have ideas on what do to about this problem? I don't want to have to have holes drilled to match it up. I am thinking I am gonna have to buy a new fender from the same year.....ugh.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

We Support Our Troops!