Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fender trimming question

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by Ken Cooke, September 26, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Ken Cooke

Ken Cooke Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Riverside, California
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '03 Rubicon - Tomb Raider
      Since my 33" BFGs have been hitting with the 6" of combined lift, I realize now is the time to trim my factory fenders. Who should I trust to do this without getting ripped off? I wouldn't hire a fabricator to do the job, because they'll try and hijack my wallet. But then again, a body shop I pick out of the yellowpages might not do a great job, and keep my truck for a few days while they try and figure it all out. I'm not going to try it myself since I don't have the experience. Any suggestions? Ranger X?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      2008 JK
      once you trim once you'll love it. $30-40 grinder and you're set. I'd talk to Bill (RangerX) and maybe drive down to see him. I'm sure a few beers and he'll help you out.

4. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      2001, F150, XLT 4x4
      yup... hook up with rangerx or matt/rockranger if you can.... rockranger knows how to cut ;)

5. RangerX

RangerX Elite Ranger Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Omao, Kauai
      '93 Ranger XLT 4X4
      I got my grinder and sledgehammer:eek: Like Alec said, a few beers and I'll help you out! :chug: :hammer: :smoke: :D

6. Ken Cooke

City, State:
      Riverside, California
      You're on!

I guess I could copy that Latin Cumbia-rhythm CD for you as a form of payment, and I could get out of this sweltering heat for the day. I'll come down early next month if that's cool...

7. Bigcheck1

Bigcheck1 Active Member

City, State:
      Marlton, NJ
      2004 Nissan Xterra
      i might do this to my rig this summer when i got to 33's. anybosy have pictures of the before during and after? i'd like to see how good it would look after i do it especially. any tips woud be great as well.

8. Ken Cooke

City, State:
      Riverside, California
      Attn: Ranger X!

Bill,

I am seriously ready to get my fenders trimmed. I simply want the trailing edges wacked similarly to the way you wacked yours off. So, just let me know which Saturday or Sunday is good for me to drive down. I'll have your brew on ice when I show up!:chug:

Also, you might want to help out Ron (Xploder) Cox, 'cause he's trying to run 35's on his Explorer, but the front fenders are seriously jeopardizing any suspension travel he might have on the trail. Being that his Explorer is white, he'd benefit from prerunner fenders, but he really wants his steel fenders trimmed. Maybe we could both drive down on the same day, and stock your fridge with all the beer you'll need for the holidays!